Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I bet if you had pegged your water bottle at the judge and lunged at the defendant screaming,"I am the Gatekeeper", you would have been scott free and out of there enjoying the rest of your day.

You have to think these things through, kiddo.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

I haven't gotten a jury notification since 1999 when I lived in Arizona.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    They commit murder in a place called Shell Knob? My God, is no place safe?
    The "plea deal" was close to Shell Knob - a marijuana grower. The "not guilty" was in Kansas City, and the "guilty" was in Columbus, OH.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Try this statement:
    I have been a proud member of the (KKK or Black Panther Party) for X years.

You will probably end up on someones "watch list", but you will certainly be told; Sir/Mrs/Miss, you are free to go home!
    Give a liberal a fish - he will eat for a day
    Teach a liberal to fish - he will come back tomorrow wanting more free fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    it's a little cold for that outfit at this point but i think i could come up with something a little unusual if i had to. Of course i'd have to act totally clueless.
    Don't do that! Defense lawyers want clueless jurors.

I've never had jury duty, but I've been an Article 32 and 15-6 officer, which is pretty much like being a grand jury of one (you have to advise the commander on whether to proceed to court martial or what crime was committed, respectively). Not something that I could get out of, and since commanders choose the officers to do the task, it's actually a good OER comment.

The best way that I have heard to get out of jury duty without getting a contempt citation is to state that you are an attorney or in law school. Neither side wants someone on the jury who can second-guess them. The next best way is to tell the prosecutor your DU name. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    I'm doing it for 2 more times. Once in May, once in June and then i'm guaranteed to be left alone for a long long time. Gare. ON. TEEd. I've been reading up on this stuff and i aim to do a couple things differently next time. Sometimes it's interesting how a 'witness' doesn't want to answer your question and gives you a load of BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    I'm doing it for 2 more times. Once in May, once in June and then i'm guaranteed to be left alone for a long long time. Gare. ON. TEEd. I've been reading up on this stuff and i aim to do a couple things differently next time. Sometimes it's interesting how a 'witness' doesn't want to answer your question and gives you a load of BS.
    Time for Phase II. Drink some Ipecac. Trust me. Really.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Power CUer
    I haven't seen any real reason for avoiding your civic duty other than "I don't care to do it." Do you have a justifiable reason, or are you just being a jerk about it? :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I haven't seen any real reason for avoiding your civic duty other than "I don't care to do it." Do you have a justifiable reason, or are you just being a jerk about it? :)
    She is doing it, she hasn't avoided it, read the thread.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    She is doing it, she hasn't avoided it, read the thread.
    The thread was about her desire to avoid it, and looking for advice to avoid it, which is why I asked.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken