Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1 Does DU need/want a debate section for respectful RWers? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,208
    Poor white_wolf... :(


    white_wolf (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-18-11 02:08 PM
    Original message Does DU need/want a debate section for respectful RWers?


    I've been to a few different forums that have sections for debating the views opposing the mainstream of the Forum. Should DU3 have a special section where we respectful RWers and libertarians can debate us and we can debate them? They would be restricted to that one forum, but it might help us convince the more moderate ones. What do you all think?

    This twerp better cough up some cash or get CA Peggy to do so...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,719
    LOL! I was just about to bring this one over here. These are always a hoot.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member FDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,603
    Wait Wut Donating Member (363 posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Apr-18-11 03:58 PM
    Response to Reply #68
    79. There are some that do.

    A year or so back I was on Conservative Underground. I normally debate with some humor, and many of the regulars there enjoyed a little more light-hearted debate. The moderator wasn't as thrilled, however. He actually started a thread to see how many wanted to have me banned.

    An overwhelming majority voted to keep me there. I even received several private messages and friend requests. Haven't been back in forever, though. Not sure what it's like now. The mods and heads were taking it in a very obvious teaper direction.

    Talking Points Memo has always been open to opposing views, but things work differently there. The regulars were good at self-regulating, so the disrespect was never as over-the-top like it can get here.

    I honestly don't think it would work at DU. Folks here aren't very open to discussing opposing views even from their own side.
    Start up the chisel.

    The mods must be too stoned.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,208
    White_wolf...let me explain this to you kid.

    What you're proposing will NEVER happen on DU because a Forum open to us on the Right would very quickly totally dominate DU to the point all other forums would mostly die.

    And though the Mgt over at DU knows this to be true, they'd never admit it.

    I'm surprised the Mods haven't locked this yet. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    White_wolf...let me explain this to you kid.

    What you're proposing will NEVER happen on DU because a Forum open to us on the Right would very quickly totally dominate DU to the point all other forums would mostly die.

    And though the Mgt over at DU knows this to be true, they'd never admit it.

    I'm surprised the Mods haven't locked this yet. :D
    hell I'm surprised that his post with "Conservative Underground" didn't get edited or deleted let alone the thread locked
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Ahpook (979 posts) Mon Apr-18-11 04:20 PM
    Response to Original message
    92. Probably not a good idea

    This site is nice to grab the latest headlines with discussion. Besides, these freaks don't understand what a civil discussion is. They will come in bloated up with the bullshit talking points. Once those are shot down they resort to name calling.

    Happens on every other forum I visit.
    haha, these guys have a lot of gall
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member malloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Ahpook (979 posts) Mon Apr-18-11 04:20 PM
    Response to Original message
    92. Probably not a good idea

    This site is nice to grab the latest headlines with discussion. Besides, these freaks don't understand what a civil discussion is. They will come in bloated up with the bullshit talking points. Once those are shot down they resort to name calling.

    Happens on every other forum I visit.
    haha, these guys have a lot of gall
    Maybe these guys should come over here and observe Wei when he's off his medication, drunk, or whatever the hell he does when he goes rabid and acts the fool, or they could observe hazlenuts just about anytime.

    ....bloated up with the bullshit talking points. Once those are shot down...
    The liberal narrative is a fascinating work of dementia. The prog metal-patient idea of "shooting" down a "talking point" is always through using a logical fallacy followed by a fictional, but very self-believed declaration of victory. I had one of my libtard friends on facebook try to claim "victory" through using Obama's words in Obama's speech to validate the contents of the speech. We've seen libtards here claim "victory" by simply stating that they did not personally believe in the evidence which ran rough shod over their position (the American Culture Thread anyone?).
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,071
    Anyone know who Wait Wut was known as here on conservativeunderground?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lawrenceville, Georgia
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    hell I'm surprised that his post with "Conservative Underground" didn't get edited or deleted let alone the thread locked
    If I remember correctly, back when I used to post here, they weren't even allowed to specifically mention this site. Am I wrong or has that changed?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by pyackog View Post
    If I remember correctly, back when I used to post here, they weren't even allowed to specifically mention this site. Am I wrong or has that changed?
    last I knew we were officially known as "That site that shall not be mentioned" little over the top, but typical
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •