Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sonnabend
    I honestly don't think it would work at DU. Folks here aren't very open to discussing opposing views even from their own side.

BINGO

Those alert buttons must have multiple bruises by now.

JDPriestly Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Apr-18-11 02:51 PM
    Response to Original message
    49. The RWers and libertarians spew their views all day on talk radio

and TV. This is an oasis for the rest of us normal Americans.

Normally, I would be for dialogue, but I come to DU to exchange information with people who share my values. I really enjoy the fact that this is the one place on the web where I will be able to gather the information and facts that I need and want to know without a lot of static and interference from shortsighted loudmouths.

I oppose having any intrusion from the RW or libertarians.
    The delusion.....It hurts!!!!!!! :D

White Wolf I admire your ambition to try and bring a more honest and open debate to the shuttered confines of teh DUmp.

But when you have a place that won't even allow criticism of a Democrat President without that person getting banned.

When even the owner of the forum says that in an "open and free debate" that won't be allowed.

Myself or any other Conservative showing up over there and lasting more than 10 posts ain't gonna happen.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    White Wolf I admire your ambition to try and bring a more honest and open debate to the shuttered confines of teh DUmp.

But when you have a place that won't even allow criticism of a Democrat President without that person getting banned.

When even the owner of the forum says that in an "open and free debate" that won't be allowed.

Myself or any other Conservative showing up over there and lasting more than 10 posts ain't gonna happen.
    Whitewolf just trolled when he was over here, there wasn't much debate to it.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Whitewolf just trolled when he was over here, there wasn't much debate to it.
    Seminar poster?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

White Wolf didn't last very long IIRC and this Wait Wut, don't know who they are but I don't recall there ever being a poll wondering if anyone should be banned and it being voted down. Anyone remember a libtard troll poll? As for White Wolf, this is what passes for respectful debate in his book I guess: http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=35925
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

LanternWaste (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-18-11 05:10 PM
    108. I'd love to see it, but the GOP posters would most likely get...

I'd love to see it, but the GOP posters would most likely get dog-piled on regardless of how polite and civil they were.
    When they cannot even be respectful of other liberals who have differing opinions, you KNOW that they are unable to be respectful of conservatives. Seems LanternWaste knows that as well.
    cynatnite Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-18-11 04:18 PM
    90. I should also add that at one time they were allowed here at DU in the early days...

It was an unmitigated disaster from what we've been told. Skinner and Elad purged DU of those types because of how bad DU had gotten as a result.

You let them in one place, before you know it, they're in every forum.

It's good to know those types will NEVER be welcome here.
    This is more about DUers not being willing and able to tolerate hearing opposing viewpoints. DU is like an echo chamber and they restrict themselves to only hearing liberal talking points.
    Last edited by Carol; 04-19-2011 at 08:59 AM.

cynatnite Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon Apr-18-11 04:18 PM
    90. I should also add that at one time they were allowed here at DU in the early days...

It was an unmitigated disaster from what we've been told. Skinner and Elad purged DU of those types because of how bad DU had gotten as a result.

You let them in one place, before you know it, they're in every forum.

It's good to know those types will NEVER be welcome here.
    WHEN were Conservatives ever allowed at DU without having to hide their identity?

This ass hat is mistaking people who dared to have a thought that didn't agree with the Hive and were banned.

Anyone who spoke against Hillary? Lousy Freeper Troll.

Speak in favor of the military or give a positive image to what were were doing in Iraq? Banned. (R.I.P. TSLP)

Talk about a bad experience with a Union...GONE! ALERT ALERT ALERT!!!

What you have over there is the ones that saw what happened to freethinkers and realized that if they were to last they had to conform to the DU groupthink.

FWIW the banned and those that became disillusioned with $kimmer's version of the Third Reich formed their own new Hive:

www.democraticwarrior.com