Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Paul Ryan 1, Obama 0 
    I am beginning to wonder whether President Obama is so cocky about his 2012 re-election prospects that he thinks he doesn't even have to be serious in his budget plan offerings.

Unfortunately, the nation's unfunded liabilities aren't so casual as the president; they are growing by more than $10 trillion per year, which means that our looming debt crisis becomes far more problematic with each passing day.

I invite you to compare Obama's recently submitted plans with either Paul Ryan's "Path to Prosperity" or his own bipartisan deficit commission's recommendations. Or, if you're the risk-taking type, you may want to wait for the findings of yet another commission that Obama has talked about forming, obviously hoping this new commission would dutifully tailor its findings to his policy preferences.

Both Ryan's plan and the deficit commission's include specific proposals to achieve what the commission has termed "sustainability" in our budget and entitlements; Obama's plan is strikingly bereft of specifics.

Ryan's plan would reduce the deficit by $5.8 trillion in 10 years, mostly with spending cuts and revenue-neutral but growth-oriented tax reforms. Obama claims he would cut $4 trillion in 12 years, but his onerous tax hikes might completely negate his spending cuts, which he has yet to specify. Ryan's plan would begin cuts immediately, but the president's plan would postpone planned cuts and savings until 2013 after his re-election campaign.

Ryan would freeze discretionary spending for five years to pre-2008 levels and index it to inflation thereafter. Obama's plan has no such spending caps.

But the major drivers of our fiscal crisis are the big three entitlements Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security which together contain the lion's share of the nation's $88 trillion in unfunded liabilities. Ryan has offered specific proposals for reform. Obama has resorted to partisanship, name-calling and fear-mongering and has offered only generalities.

On Medicaid, Ryan proposes a block grant system tailored to meet the varying needs of each state. Obama rejects the block grants approach but has claimed he will achieve unspecified savings.

On Medicare, Ryan has proposed a premium support system for those 54 or younger that would provide payments to beneficiaries and a list of guaranteed coverage options from which they could choose to suit their particular needs. This competitive model is similar to the federal employee health plan and is designed to bring costs down through market forces. Obama proposes to save $500 billion from Medicaid and Medicare by 2023 and another $1 trillion in the following decade but again offers no specifics as to how we would achieve those meager goals.

Here, with Medicare, we see the greatest contrast in their respective approaches. Ryan recognizes that artificial cost containment measures imposed by the government cannot work and have not worked any more than wage and price controls and that in fact, they lead to increased costs and rationing.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/david-l...#ixzz1K3j9eAs3
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

The private sector can deny healthcare coverage to ten times as many people at half the cost!

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    The private sector can deny healthcare coverage to ten times as many people at half the cost!
    I can't figure out whether you are really that clueless about how much more efficient it would be to let the private sector handle it...or just that much inthe tank for Obama.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    I can't figure out whether you are really that clueless about how much more efficient it would be to let the private sector handle it...or just that much inthe tank for Obama.
    The private sector is not more efficient than Medicare but that aside, what Ryan wants to do is force those under 55 to pay for a benefit they will not receive. He handles the transition costs by having me pay for older people and when it is my turn, I get a coupon and a kick in the ass.

Anyone who supports his plan that is older than 54 needs to examine their morality. They are fine with younger people paying for their healthcare yet want fuck those same people over by denying them the benefit. It's pretty fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    FFS. What the fuck is it with you idiots on the left and your demands that someone else pay for your healthcare? Stop confusing healthcare with health INSURANCE. You SHOULD pay out of pocket when you have a cold. You SHOULD have health insurance to help you off set the costs if you come down with cancer. This idiotic blending of healthcare and health insurance if more than half the fucking problem.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    FFS. What the fuck is it with you idiots on the left and your demands that someone else pay for your healthcare? Stop confusing healthcare with health INSURANCE. You SHOULD pay out of pocket when you have a cold. You SHOULD have health insurance to help you off set the costs if you come down with cancer. This idiotic blending of healthcare and health insurance if more than half the fucking problem.
    Leftys always go for the idiotic emotional angle. They don't care about facts, just politics. AD was that little snot nosed kid that got everything he wanted from mommy and daddy.

AD has no clue how we are going to pay for his emotional programs. He doesn't care that this generation of liberal idiots is enslaving several generations down the road. He is a typical spoiled brat that grew into a liberal, emotional little girl who cannot accept reality.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Leftys always go for the idiotic emotional angle. They don't care about facts, just politics. AD was that little snot nosed kid that got everything he wanted from mommy and daddy.

AD has no clue how we are going to pay for his emotional programs. He doesn't care that this generation of liberal idiots is enslaving several generations down the road. He is a typical spoiled brat that grew into a liberal, emotional little girl who cannot accept reality.
    they also fail to realize that if you have to pay out of pocket - it actually drives the costs WAY down for everyone making it more accessible and cheaper for EVERYONE.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post

Am I a pretty girl?

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    they also fail to realize that if you have to pay out of pocket - it actually drives the costs WAY down for everyone making it more accessible and cheaper for EVERYONE.
    I favor the HSA route, or something similar, for most. But we are talking about Medicare now. Or how we deal with healthcare for older Americans.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Not only all that but most of the reasons why health INSURANCE is so hight is because all the fucking stupid mandates that States put on health insurance companies. My parents have to carry prenatal coverage even though my mom is almost 52 AND has had a hysterectomy almost 5 years ago.