Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    You will love the saffron! I grow those crocuses and I now use a pretty free hand with the saffron. ;)
    Hopefully it will work then I can stop doling it out with tweezers. *frugal*

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    we've got a couple raised box beds, but my wife hasn't done anything yet to them, been thinking of throwing some squash seeds out on the ground and see how they do in the back, problem is that the park mows back there and they wouldn't go far if thats the case, might put them around the satellite dish instead
    That's the way we do it; raised boxes. We've had them for years, and Wife has added a couple of small ones recently. I mulched all around them over the past years, and it looks great. Plus, since I use mulched leaves I just move some of the mulch into the beds whenever needed. Than at the end of the year I give them a good covering of mulched leaves, but the beds themselves are never walked on.
    To prevent weeds I use a Mantis Tiller and till up all the mulched area around the beds. We grow tomatoes, okra, peppers, onions, squash, radish, cucumbers; and recently we added some blueberry bushes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    That's the way we do it; raised boxes. We've had them for years, and Wife has added a couple of small ones recently. I mulched all around them over the past years, and it looks great. Plus, since I use mulched leaves I just move some of the mulch into the beds whenever needed. Than at the end of the year I give them a good covering of mulched leaves, but the beds themselves are never walked on.
    To prevent weeds I use a Mantis Tiller and till up all the mulched area around the beds. We grow tomatoes, okra, peppers, onions, squash, radish, cucumbers; and recently we added some blueberry bushes.
    they aren't very big, only about 4'x2'x4" so there isn't a lot of room to do much, I do have one of the upside down tomato things, which worked much better than my self made attempt the year before

Banned
    The fence looks nice. I put up an 8' fence so that I would not have to view the trashy looking house next door. A lawyer owns it and rents it out. He does zero maintenance on it. We have had a few run ins about the condition of his property. He came out on the losing end cause I reported him to the tax authorities cause he was claiming homestead exemption. The jackass has to pay an additional thousand bucks a year.

Clarification here: the pic is not of my personal fence (although mine looks identical). The pic is of the type of fence we've put in. ;)