1. #1 Palin and Stevens were in same 527 Group 
    Eyelids
    Palin's name is listed on 2003 incorporation papers of the "Ted Stevens Excellence in Public Service, Inc.," a 527 group that could raise unlimited funds from corporate donors. The group was designed to serve as a political boot camp for Republican women in the state. She served as one of three directors until June 2005, when her name was replaced on state filings.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...lin_gained.php

This will never gain media traction because it's far too complicated, but again -- Sarah Palin is not what you thought she was.

I wonder if McCain will seriously consider dropping her from the ticket. The Palin pick is turning into a giant catastrophe.

I guess now would be a good time to buy Romney on Intrade.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    I wonder if McCain will seriously consider dropping her from the ticket. The Palin pick is turning into a giant catastrophe.

I guess now would be a good time to buy Romney on Intrade.
    I thought Pawlenty or Romney would've been disasters, but wow... did McCain even look into this woman at all? There's no way you let somebody with this much dirty laundry run on a national ticket. She's toast.

Banned
    The only reason it looks like this to you is because you are part of the "Oh Noes! Crowd and make a tempest in every teapot. So she was a part of a REPUBLICAN 527 group. Nothing illegal about that. And it was to draw in REPUBLICAN women. How vile and underhanded.

Stevens was not corrupt in the open. People who did not know he was corrupt were okay with him until they found out. Unlike Obama who ALWAYS knew who Bill Ayers was and still associated with him.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    The only reason it looks like this to you is because you are part of the "Oh Noes! Crowd and make a tempest in every teapot. So she was a part of a REPUBLICAN 527 group. Nothing illegal about that. And it was to draw in REPUBLICAN women. How vile and underhanded.

Stevens was not corrupt in the open. People who did not know he was corrupt were okay with him until they found out. Unlike Obama who ALWAYS knew who Bill Ayers was and still associated with him.
    Apparently McCain disagrees, hes sent teams to Alaska to further investigate Palin's past:

http://thepage.time.com/2008/09/01/a...-not-answered/

He's gonna replace her...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Apparently McCain disagrees, hes sent teams to Alaska to further investigate Palin's past:

http://thepage.time.com/2008/09/01/a...-not-answered/

He's gonna replace her...
    You really think he is going to replace her? You are out of your mind! Right now all of the stories coming out are Democrats throwing everything at Palin to see what sticks. Her daughter is pregnant, so what? Not the first Republican mom that has happened to. Family Values are about you deal with these situations.

I've been voting since 1968 and interested in politics since Barry Goldwater made his run. I don't remember ever seeing such panic in a party as I have since Sarah Palin was announced. The leftwingers actions are beyond panic. They're terrified of her, and I love it.

I also don't ever remember as much disgusting, lowbrow, trash being slung as is coming from the liberal leftwing. It's clear to me that they have no shame and surely no consciences.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    I've been voting since 1968 and interested in politics since Barry Goldwater made his run. I don't remember ever seeing such panic in a party as I have since Sarah Palin was announced. The leftwingers actions are beyond panic. They're terrified of her, and I love it.

I also don't ever remember as much disgusting, lowbrow, trash being slung as is coming from the liberal leftwing. It's clear to me that they have no shame and surely no consciences.

Methinks the panic is coming from the Republicans, not Democrats.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    Methinks the panic is coming from the Republicans, not Democrats.
    The brushfires are all being set by Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Palin's name is listed on 2003 incorporation papers of the "Ted Stevens Excellence in Public Service, Inc.," a 527 group that could raise unlimited funds from corporate donors. The group was designed to serve as a political boot camp for Republican women in the state. She served as one of three directors until June 2005, when her name was replaced on state filings.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...lin_gained.php

This will never gain media traction because it's far too complicated, but again -- Sarah Palin is not what you thought she was.
    First, she left the group 3 years before the allegations of wrongdoing on Stevens part.

Second, everyone with a brain already knows that she knew Stevens because she was a whistleblower on him! Hello, did you think she found out about it by magic? She helped take him down, remember?

Third, the Democrats promise of a "clean race" is being shown as a complete and total lie, but then, no one believed it for a second anyway. The Dems and Obama will do ANYTHING to win. Attack a 17 year old girl. Drege up pointless trivia from decades ago and try to make it sound sinister somehow. Claim that Sarah Palin didn't have proper prenatal care, and that's why her son had Downs Syndrome (a GENETIC abnormality, you morons!) Or that the child isn't even hers, but her daughters.

THAT'S what you call a clean race? You go on the attack against her and her family while ignoring the massive problems in your own candidates? Sarah was in a Republican 527, while Barry O was hanging out with unrepentant terrorists who attacked the capitol, and listening to a Black Liberation Separatist shout for God to damn America. HOW ABOUT SOME PRIORITIES HERE? Obama is SCUM, he associates with untold numbers of fellow SCUM, and he'll ruin this country if you idiots actually manage to elect him. Why not take a look at your own party for ONCE in your miserable lives before flinging some more crap at Gov. Palin and her family?
    The problem in the next four years will be not just that the president of the United States serially does not tell the truth. Instead, the real crisis in our brave new relativist world will be that those who demonstrate that he is untruthful will themselves be accused of lying. - Victor Davis Hanson