Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57
  1. #11  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    http://voices.kansascity.com/entries...x-system-oecd/


    How much more of the tax burden should the wealthy have to pay? Do you marxist asshole want them to shoulder the entire burden for the rest of those people that already don't pay?

    At some point to claim that the Dems are making the "wealthy" pay their "fair share" that definition of "rich" will be somewhere around $50K a year.

    Why do you Liberals despise success so much? Is it because your life sucks so badly you don't want anyone else to prosper or be successful either?
    lol "market income"

    drop the "income" nonsense and look up what percentage of financial Wealth the top 10% or top 1% owns.

    Look at ALL of the assets held by the rich and compare them to ALL of the assets held by the poor, then compare tax rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    luckily - most Americans don't vote. Cut it ALL.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    lol "market income"

    drop the "income" nonsense and look up what percentage of financial Wealth the top 10% or top 1% owns.

    Look at ALL of the assets held by the rich and compare them to ALL of the assets held by the poor, then compare tax rates.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=661pi6K-8WQ
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    i'm not talking "income", i'm talking wealth. this distinction is always happily overlooked. the distinction is HUGE and very important

    I'm also not talking solely about profits either, this is a strawman.

    I'm not talking 2 corporations either, i'm talking about corporate hegemony

    I'm not talking about "rich" basketball players who make 2 million dollars for 4 years, I'm talking about wealthy basketball OWNERS who make billions.

    again talking about "market income" which is not what i'm talking about.

    this video is so stupid, it's cherry picking data (like "market income" over Real Wealth) and arguing against strawmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    lol "market income"

    drop the "income" nonsense and look up what percentage of financial Wealth the top 10% or top 1% owns.

    Look at ALL of the assets held by the rich and compare them to ALL of the assets held by the poor, then compare tax rates.
    It's easy to compare the tax rates you obtuse assclown.

    46% of the country doesn't PAY ANY TAXES.

    Yet you and other latte sipping Marxist ball bags continue to play the tired old class warfare meme.

    And in this case you do it to totally ignore the very VERY uncomfortable fact that the "rich"...which according to your Lord High Priest Obama starts at $250K are carrying the burden for the entire fucking country.

    Probably even for your worthless ass.

    And instead of applying any real rational though to the matter...you treat the whole thing as some kind of GD joke and toss out vacuous trip about how the rich are somehow taking advantage of the poor simply because they have money.

    Do you EVER stop to think about intellectually vacant and dishonest that line of thinking is?

    Or do you care?

    I'm guessing the latter because being the elite arrogant pompous ass you are...you think that because you've giving a Monica to the Communist line for all these years...you'll be one of those enlightened ones that doesn't suffer under the type of shit hole lifestyle you want the rest of us to live in.

    And you think that you'll live some kind of Politburo lifestyle off of MY tax dollars while I and others thank you for the fucking scraps you toss us off your table.

    You don't even deserve the short hand of this you ball bag.

    Go FUCK yourself you choad eating Marxist douche bag.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,158
    I'm in favor of raising taxes on the rich(or getting rid of the tax loopholes they have) Hey if the Middle class and poor have to make do with less they can do it to. On the other hand I think 47% of us who dont pay taxes need to start doing so. Fair is fair.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member Pulpfishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    It's easy to compare the tax rates you obtuse assclown.

    46% of the country doesn't PAY ANY TAXES.

    Yet you and other latte sipping Marxist ball bags continue to play the tired old class warfare meme.

    And in this case you do it to totally ignore the very VERY uncomfortable fact that the "rich"...which according to your Lord High Priest Obama starts at $250K are carrying the burden for the entire fucking country.

    Probably even for your worthless ass.

    And instead of applying any real rational though to the matter...you treat the whole thing as some kind of GD joke and toss out vacuous trip about how the rich are somehow taking advantage of the poor simply because they have money.

    Do you EVER stop to think about intellectually vacant and dishonest that line of thinking is?

    Or do you care?

    I'm guessing the latter because being the elite arrogant pompous ass you are...you think that because you've giving a Monica to the Communist line for all these years...you'll be one of those enlightened ones that doesn't suffer under the type of shit hole lifestyle you want the rest of us to live in.

    And you think that you'll live some kind of Politburo lifestyle off of MY tax dollars while I and others thank you for the fucking scraps you toss us off your table.

    You don't even deserve the short hand of this you ball bag.

    Go FUCK yourself you choad eating Marxist douche bag.
    Well said!
    Give a liberal a fish - he will eat for a day
    Teach a liberal to fish - he will come back tomorrow wanting more free fish!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    It's okay because the results show results by party affiliation.
    But if the party numbers don't match the percentage of the population, it skews the results accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Also, only 21% of the people in this poll identified as Liberal while 39% and 40% identified as Moderate or Conservative, respectively.
    As opposed to what percentages in the general population?

    [QUOTE=Wei Wu Wei;402406]Read the study. They polled more adults than they concluded in he study, because the study was only for registered voters. In a random sample, you can't know before hand if the people you call are registered voters, so you're going to end up polling more people than you include in the study.

    For the data analysis,. 100% of the respondents used were in fact registered voters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Also 65% of the people polled were over 45 years of age.
    Which explains why they are so enamored of Social Security and Medicare.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Yes it was a poll where people chose between different popular options and this is what they chose.
    Except that they weren't popular options, they were the only options offered. See what they would have chosen if eliminating federal departments like Education, Commerce and Energy were offered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    lol "market income"

    drop the "income" nonsense and look up what percentage of financial Wealth the top 10% or top 1% owns.

    Look at ALL of the assets held by the rich and compare them to ALL of the assets held by the poor, then compare tax rates.
    Exactly how much of an individual's income should government be allowed to redistribute? Historically, various religious movements demanded tithes, meaning 10%, to as much as 20% (the Muslim Zakat, although the taxes on non-Muslims, the Jizhya and land taxes could reach 90% or higher, depending on how badly the Caliph needed funds and how much he wanted to persecute the dhimmis). What I would like to know is how much of a person's income you think that they are entitled to keep? No equivocation, just a hard number. How much of what I earn should actually stay mine? How much do I "owe" to the government for the privilege of allowing me to mind my own business?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    It's easy to compare the tax rates you obtuse assclown.

    46% of the country doesn't PAY ANY TAXES.

    Yet you and other latte sipping Marxist ball bags continue to play the tired old class warfare meme.
    class struggle is real it doesn't matter which side you take

    also sales taxes are taxes but I see you intend to say income tax.

    historically, there has always been a segment of people who don't pay taxes, especially after deductions. this has been around 20%. yes, this has increased in recent years, so there are more people who owe no taxes after deductions and tax credits.

    I'm alright with some taxes that effect lower class people (some sales taxes, taxes on goods produced in other countries to incentive domestic production, ect)



    And in this case you do it to totally ignore the very VERY uncomfortable fact that the "rich"...which according to your Lord High Priest Obama starts at $250K are carrying the burden for the entire fucking country.
    and working people produce all this wealth via their labor


    And instead of applying any real rational though to the matter...you treat the whole thing as some kind of GD joke and toss out vacuous trip about how the rich are somehow taking advantage of the poor simply because they have money.
    It's a little bit more complex than that but this forum isn't the best setting for education.




    Do you EVER stop to think about intellectually vacant and dishonest that line of thinking is?

    Or do you care?

    I'm guessing the latter because being the elite arrogant pompous ass you are...you think that because you've giving a Monica to the Communist line for all these years...you'll be one of those enlightened ones that doesn't suffer under the type of shit hole lifestyle you want the rest of us to live in.
    lol what

    And you think that you'll live some kind of Politburo lifestyle off of MY tax dollars while I and others thank you for the fucking scraps you toss us off your table.

    You don't even deserve the short hand of this you ball bag.

    Go FUCK yourself you choad eating Marxist douche bag.
    you mad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I'm in favor of raising taxes on the rich(or getting rid of the tax loopholes they have) Hey if the Middle class and poor have to make do with less they can do it to. On the other hand I think 47% of us who dont pay taxes need to start doing so. Fair is fair.
    The "rich" in this country already pay an unfair share of the overall tax burden.

    Either enacting a flat tax or closing loopholes in the current tax code and start generating revenue from the nearly half that don't pay at all is a better more logical fix.

    We've already seen what happens to the economy when business and people who invest even think there's going to be a tax hike of any kind. We've been living through it for the last two years...longer if you count when the Dems took over the House and Senate.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •