Thread: Great SF Story

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    My pleasure, but thank Sonna.
    He linked to it and I just followed and got hooked.
    Oh, then thank you to Sonna.
    I guess I must have missed that one.

That he does. He's in Texas, somewhere, and FT Hood's about as close to the middle of the state as it gets, so it's not like it would take him that long to get here. I guess that he's just going to hide until he thinks that I've forgotten his slur.
    He's in D/FW...Plano I believe.

What's that....about 2 1/2 hours up I-35? Not far at all.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I live in the middle of texas ody I've driven past ft hood plenty of times maybe i'll stop by and we can wrestle in the dirt like big strong men and when i'm done pinning you i'll make love to your woman and feast on lamb
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I live in the middle of texas ody I've driven past ft hood plenty of times maybe i'll stop by and we can wrestle in the dirt like big strong men and when i'm done pinning you i'll make love to your woman and feast on lamb
    Get out of your dad's liquor cabinet before he tans your hide.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Get out of your dad's liquor cabinet before he tans your hide.

~QC
    Sadly he didn't take Dean Wormer's advice.

Wee Wee DOES think "fat drunk and stupid" is the way to go through life.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Sadly he didn't take Dean Wormer's advice.

Wee Wee DOES think "fat drunk and stupid" is the way to go through life.
    So does that mean we can start calling Wee Wee Flounder?
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Then just what are you trying to say?
    Dan Simmons' polemic was comical in its bigotry. It read almost like satire. It used a well worn sci-fi narrative ineffectively and it was poorly written; it was basement dwelling teenage fan fiction from someone who watched Terminator and Glenn Beck too many times.

Your quarter is up. Time to climb down off the high horse and let some other kid have a turn.
    Last edited by Arroyo_Doble; 04-22-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    The last three words are killing me, i'm thinking it's "Because I'm you." . . . or something like that.

I don't know if it would spin this out of control in America, but - - this story could be true in parts of the UK, France, and Sweden .

Shouldn't that probability make some sit up and listen?

~QC
    It should, but those who are blinded by PC dogma and their own sense of moral superiority are more concerned with winning political fights here than they are with the survival of western civilization. They believe that they are safe, because there are people who protect them, despite the insults that Wei and KS and the like heap upon us, despite being compared to Nazis by smug little tools like Arroyo, despite having our hands tied by PC idiocies and being judged by standards that they would never think of applying to our enemies. And, they believe that while it might be happening in Europe, it will never happen here, because the Muslims who came here, unlike the Muslims who went to Britain, France, Germany, Sweden, Australia and the rest of the west would never, ever think to impose their ideology upon America, despite the fact that they keep saying otherwise. And, that the Muslims in the west today, unlike the Muslims who conquered and colonized India, Thailand, the Philippines, Spain, Southeastern Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, won't impose their will upon those countries as soon as they get the chance, that they won't bring the most barbaric practices with them, establish them as the norm and then demand that they be respected and encouraged. Nope, never happen. Not now, not tomorrow, not a century from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It should but a large number of people seem content to drop to their knees unless the Doritos and cable TV are affected.
    It's not just laziness. Some people genuinely want us to lose this war, because it weakens their domestic political opponents. Wei would love to see the armed forces lose some of our public approval, since we stand in the way of his Marxist utopia. Arroyo is using the issue to demonstrate how morally superior he is to the rest of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    He's in D/FW...Plano I believe.
    What's that....about 2 1/2 hours up I-35? Not far at all.
    Nope, but far enough to hide behind the safety of his monitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Calling a Jew a Nazi is fighting words. If Arroyo were an honorable man, he'd apologize, or come down to Hood and let his hands pay for what his mouth rang up. If you had a spine and a conscience, you'd understand that, but everyone here has long since given up on your moral or intellectual standards of conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    So does that mean we can start calling Wee Wee Flounder?
    I'm sticking with Wei. It's gotten a worse meaning here than anything that I can come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Dan Simmon's polemic was comical in its bigotry. It read almost like satire. It used a well worn sci-fi narrative ineffectively, and that it was poorly written; it was basement dwelling teenage fan fiction from someone who watched Terminator and Glenn Beck too many times.

Your quarter is up. Time to climb down off the high horse and let some other kid have a turn.
    From the leftist dictionary:
    Bigot: Someone who is winning an argument with a leftist. See "civility"
    Bigotry: Any argument that cannot be refuted factually. See "Ad Hominem"

I suppose that it is bigotry to point out uncomfortable facts about Islam, but let's see what he said that really set you off:

The Time Traveler nodded. “That’s more true than you know,” he said. “I come from a place and time where your grandchildren and hundreds of millions of other dhimmi are compelled to write ‘pbuh’ after the Prophet’s name. They wear gold crosses and gold Stars of David sewn onto their clothing. The Nazis didn’t invent the wearing of the Star of David . . . the marking and setting apart of the Jews in society. Muslims did that centuries ago in they lands they conquered, European and otherwise. They will refine it and update it, not toward the more merciful, in the lands they occupy through the decades ahead of you.”
    You didn't know that the Muslims were the ones who came up with the yellow Star of David patch for Jews? Or that the caliphs often imposed even more degrading visual cues on dhimmis, such as specialized clothing? Or that Christians and Jews were forbidden to ride any animals in the presence of a Muslim on foot? Is it racist to point out that these laws remain in effect in many Arab countries, and would be in force if there were any Jews or Christians left to enforce them against?

“Have you read the Qur’an and learned your Sunnah?” asked the Time Traveler. “It would behoove you to do so. Dhimmi means ‘protection.’ And your children and grandchildren will be protected . . . like cattle.”
    Dhimmi does mean protection. The terms of dhimmitude are specified in the Qur'an, Sunnahs and Hadiths, and when you read them, you'll see that cattle had it better, comparatively. Muslims didn't feel the need to publicly humiliate cattle, after all, but a major aspect of the dhimma is that those under the protection of the Muslims must be made to feel humiliated and under submission. The jizya, for example, had to be paid in person, and involved a ritual in which the tax collector would strike the dhimmi on the back of the neck as he bowed with the payment.

“Your dhimmi poll tax will be called jizya,” said the Time Traveler. His voice suddenly sounded very weary.“Your land tax for being an infidel, even for fellow People of the Book – Christians and Jews – will be called kharaz. Both of these taxes will be in addition to your mandatory alms – the zakat. The punishment for failure to pay, or for paying late, a punishment meted out by your local qadi, religious judge, is death by stoning or beheading.”
    I mentioned the jizya above. The kharaz was imposed throughout Islamic countries. Much of the poverty of India is the result of centuries of kharaz against the Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists, who were reduced to begging after they paid everything that they had and were faced with starvation.

“Under sharia – which will be the universal law of Eurabia,” persisted the Time Traveler, “the value of a dhimmi’s life, the value of your grandchildren, is one half the value of a Muslim’s life. Jews and Christians are worth one-third of a Muslim. Indian Parsees are worth one-fifteenth. In a court of the Eurabian Caliphate or the Global Khalifate, if a Muslim murders a dhimmi, any infidel, he must pay a blood money fine not to exceed one thousand euros. No Muslim will ever be jailed or sentenced to death for the murder of any dhimmi or any number of dhimmis. If the murders were done under the auspices of Universal Compulsive Jihad, which will be sanctioned by sharia as of 2019 Common Era, all blood money fines are waived.”
    That's explicitly stated in Sharia law. It's applied today in most Arab countries. The kidnapping of a Jewish child in Yemen a few months ago was meant to get the family of a murder victim to agree to a blood money payment. But, I suppose that pointing this out makes me a bigot, too.

Maybe you objected to this part:

“These religious officials were on the Islamic Tribunal that sentenced two dhimmis to death by stoning and beheading,” said the Time Traveler. “The dhimmis were your two grandsons, Thomas and Daniel.”

“What was . . . will be . . . their crime?” I was able to ask after a long minute. My tongue felt like a strip of rough cotton.

“They dated two Muslim women – Thomas while he was in London on business, Daniel while visiting his aging mother, your daughter, in Canada – without first converting to Islam. That part of sharia, Islamic law, is called hudud, and we know quite a bit about it in my time. Your grandsons didn’t know the young women were Muslim since they both were dressed in modern garb - -thus violating their own society’s ironclad rule of Hijab — modesty. The girls, I hear, also died, but those were not sharia sentences. Not hudud. Their brothers and fathers murdered them. Honor killings . . . I think you’ve already heard the phrase by 2006.”
    What would you find wrong with that? A non-Muslim man cannot be with a Muslim woman unless it is rape. That's in Sharia. And a woman who allows herself to be raped is, of course, a slut who must be killed to restore the honor of her family. Certainly, you don't deny that this is a practice that Muslims have brought to Europe and America? Shall I link to all of the articles about honor killings in the US and Europe in the last few years? Is it bigotry to acknowledge the truth? Ah, yes, I forgot, it is.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Calling a Jew a Nazi is fighting words.
    Good Lord, the drama.

I'll let Mr DeMille know you are ready for your close up.

If Arroyo were an honorable man, he'd apologize, or come down to Hood and let his hands pay for what his mouth rang up. If you had a spine and a conscience, you'd understand that, but everyone here has long since given up on your moral or intellectual standards of conduct.
    Tell you what. I will be at the Prairie Fest this weekend. Look for the tall, thin good looking guy having fun with his family watching Brave Combo and punch him in the nose.

Good Lord, the drama.

I'll let Mr DeMille know you are ready for your close up.
    Words have meaning. Implying that I'm a Nazi is offensive. A decent man would apologize.

Tell you what. I will be at the Prairie Fest this weekend. Look for the tall, thin good looking guy having fun with his family watching Brave Combo and punch him in the nose.
    I'll just ask him where I can find you. I wouldn't put it past you to let someone else take a hit for your despicable conduct.

Now, any comments as to the facts cited in my post, or are you going to keep claiming that any reference to the patterns of Islamic expansion and conduct that doesn't whitewash their history is bigoted?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!