Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm so sorry. I will be praying for comfort for you all.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

So sorry Buddy....:(
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

eagleexpress
    I am sorry you and your family will be in my prayers

Peace & Prayers.

I'm happy you had the opportunity to be there for him and comfort him at the end. A man who passes surrounded by loving friends and family is a truly wealthy and rewarded man.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

My condolences.

Is he going to have an Honor Detail? Sounds like he should.

If not, maybe you can check out these guys: http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org/

If available in your area, they'll provide a volunteer bugler to play Taps live at the funeral. Even if he has a military detail they'll still provide a bugler to play instead of the CD version that gets played.

Sorry to hear this news, Flagator. You have my deepest condolences.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    My dad died today after a brief illness. He was 88 and was a WWII and Korean War Navy veteran. He and my mom have been married for 67 years.

My family and I were blessed by God and allowed to be with him when it happened. We were able to say goodbye, tell him we love him and pray for him as his heart slowed down and stopped. I loved him greatly and I don't think I'll ever be the same again.

Gary
    Sorry FlaGator. I'll say prayers for you and your family.

Power CUer
    I'm very sorry to hear it. My Dad is 90 and I'm not ready to lose him yet! Special prayers for your mother, losing her life's companion after so many years.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Thank you all for the messages. I appreciate all the thoughts and well wishes and prayer for my family. We were blessed to be with him at the end and perhaps it made his passing a bit easier to accept. Everyone should be so blessed with the opportunity to say good-bye.

Gary

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I'm so sorry to hear this but glad your were able to spend time with him at the end. I'll keep you and your mother in my prayers.