Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Vatican investigating possible miracle in Wash. state 
    Quote Originally Posted by KomoNews
    FERNDALE, Wash. - The Vatican is investigating a possible miracle right here in Washington state.

Doctors at Children's Hospital worked miracles five years ago to save a young boy's life. But now the pope wants to know if more than medicine played a role.
    Komo News

I definitely believe in miracles and as far as I am concerned, this is one right here.

I can agree with that.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Why can't medicine and divine intervention go hand in hand? Last year my father-in-law went through an experimental treatment for leukemia and while going through it, he got so bad that we thought we were going to lose him but a few weeks after seemingly being on his death bed, he was out of the hospital with not one iota of cancer in him. I call it a miracle of medicine.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Why can't medicine and divine intervention go hand in hand? Last year my father-in-law went through an experimental treatment for leukemia and while going through it, he got so bad that we thought we were going to lose him but a few weeks after seemingly being on his death bed, he was out of the hospital with not one iota of cancer in him. I call it a miracle of medicine.
    Who says they can't? I certainly didn't say anything to that. I know however there are those that can't see or don't want to see miracles and that is what I cannot understand.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    They can and do work hand in hand - The thing is - for the RCC to officially recognize something as a miracle it has to defy scientific explanation. If it can be chucked up to human or natural intervention - it does not qualify for consideration for the canonization of a saint. The miracle would never get past the devils advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    They can and do work hand in hand - The thing is - for the RCC to officially recognize something as a miracle it has to defy scientific explanation. If it can be chucked up to human or natural intervention - it does not qualify for consideration for the canonization of a saint. The miracle would never get past the devils advocate.
    Nothing defies "scientific" definition, Poli. At least not yet. Your logic suggests that penicillin was a "miracle" rather than a discovery in a vast universe of miracles as yet undiscovered.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Nothing defies "scientific" definition, Poli. At least not yet. Your logic suggests that penicillin was a "miracle" rather than a discovery in a vast universe of miracles as yet undiscovered.
    So if someone was say dying of anaphylactic shock and suddenly out of the blue those symptoms were gone - you say there is a scientific explanation for that? or when someone who was blind from birth is suddenly able to see - there's a scientific explanation for that as well? Or the sudden disappearance of a brain tumor - there is an explanation for that I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    So if someone was say dying of anaphylactic shock and suddenly out of the blue those symptoms were gone - you say there is a scientific explanation for that? or when someone who was blind from birth is suddenly able to see - there's a scientific explanation for that as well? Or the sudden disappearance of a brain tumor - there is an explanation for that I suppose?
    Can you say there isn't?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I believe in miracles, there are too many unexplained cures and other happenings that take place that science can't explain. What I never got was the whole Sainting thing...

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I believe in miracles, there are too many unexplained cures and other happenings that take place that science can't explain YET. What I never got was the whole Sainting thing...
    Fixed it for ya. ;):p
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.