1. #1 " Syria's 'Good Friday Massacre'." 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Mr Assad responded to growing popular pressure by lifting Syria’s draconian 1962 emergency laws. But the president’s apparently conciliatory gesture failed to signal a softening of the regime’s determination to crush dissent....

..Across the country, protesters spilling out of mosques were met with live ammunition, sometimes within minutes of Friday prayers ending.

In Damascus, the capital, and towns and cities to the east, west and south, every attempt to challenge the regime was met with the same remorseless vengeance.......By dusk, there were fatalities reported from nine separate demonstrations. Up to 54 people were killed, according to a Daily Telegraph tally of reports by Syrian activists, witnesses and doctors.

Even by the blood-soaked standards of the repression that has characterised the Syrian uprising - at least 220 people have died since protests first began on March 18th - this was killing on a different order of magnitude.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-massacre.html

Comments:
    Syria, ally and pawn of Iran; associate of China, is following in their techniques for controlling any dissent. But there's not side to root for in Syria. You have the oppressive terrorist-supporting government or their opponents who are associated with the Muslim Brotherhood and perhaps some of the terrorist groups themselves who are sheltered in Damascus. All are against the West and Israel with the protesters demanding action even sooner.
    Last edited by megimoo; 04-23-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Time for Jesus to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I agree, I'm getting burned out on all of this.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I got news for you. The Tribulations will make this seem like a Sunday school picnic.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I got news for you. The Tribulations will make this seem like a Sunday school picnic.
    Tell that to the people in the midst of it.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Okay, the point here is that there are way too many places in the world where you're darned if you do and darned if you don't. It brings a question of whether humans are even capable of fixing this mess.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I agree, I'm getting burned out on all of this.
    These are only the opening skirmishes. The fall of Egypt,Libya,Yemen and now Syria and the rise of the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt are all precursers of the end .
    The full attack by Egypt,Syria,Iran and every other Arab nation against Israel will signal the begining of the final battle .

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    These are only the opening skirmishes. The fall of Egypt,Libya,Yemen and now Syria and the rise of the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt are all precursers of the end .
    The full attack by Egypt,Syria,Iran and every other Arab nation against Israel will signal the begining of the final battle .
    Okay, I don't know about the other countries, but Eygpt is trying to keep the brotherhood out.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Every one has their own interpretation, just like when Jesus came the first time, despite prophesy they all had it wrong and an angel had to be sent to tell them.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg