Thread: Big Easy Tuesday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Big Easy Tuesday 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Going to be sunny, warm, and humid today and then the rains from Gustav
    will be upon us! :eek::D

TOTD: Now that Geraldo and the city did not wash away in the storm, will the people
    there be more prone to ignore the next warning??

I'm betting yes. It wouldn't surprise me if the NO area doesn't get hit again till
    next seaason and they everyone will say, "see, the levees held, we're good!"
    May the FORCE be with you!

Honetsly - if you have to build walls to keep the ocean out . . . . IT'S TIME TO MOVE DUMBASS!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Another hot and humid one today, low chance of rain....AND hopefully Hanna will stay way the hell away from us. It should. And there's 2 more systems coming off the African coast...sheesh...

TOTD: I am sure some will think "next time" won't be as bad...and if another major storm slams into N.O. it will not be good. Even as a Cat 2 that did NOT directly hit the city, the levees held but did have some spill-over in some areas.

Of course, Geraldo could use his 'stache to hold back some of the flood-waters...:D
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Going to be sunny, warm, and humid today and then the rains from Gustav
    will be upon us! :eek::D

TOTD: Now that Geraldo and the city did not wash away in the storm, will the people
    there be more prone to ignore the next warning??

I'm betting yes. It wouldn't surprise me if the NO area doesn't get hit again till
    next seaason and they everyone will say, "see, the levees held, we're good!"
    Good luck with Gustav's rains, SR. Didya get the Dark Lord of the Sith rain slicker and booties yet? Water-proof the Imperial TIE fighter? :p
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

TOTD: I was secretly hoping the storm would go right over NOLA. However, give props to Gov. Jindal.

We are "enjoying" a cold front this week so I was forced to dig out the pantyhose for the first time in 3 months. I like the fall but I'm sure not ready for it yet.

TOTD: I think it depends on how the demographics change and if they stay changed. A lot of multigenerational welfare recipients moved out of the city and a lot of more energetic working people moved in to do the reconstruction. I expect that these new people are more likely to heed warnings. If they stay, they may influence the other residents for the better when it comes to taking these things seriously.

Time will tell.

We fared fairly well last night. Some heavy rain but nothing near as bad as expected. NOLA is still pretty bad. No power for most of the area. Jindal is emphasizing that residents should not rush back and a great deal of clean up is ahead.
    The media is really singing his praises here. I am sorry we couldn't share him for VP but this is proof of what an excellent organizer and manager he is.

TOTD: Of course, they are asking that on TV. Most people are saying that the evacuation was so smooth, they would do it again. There are always some hard-core hurricane folks that won't leave.

And there are a few people whining that they didn't get treated right.:mad:

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    And there are a few people whining that they didn't get treated right.:mad:
    Glad you had no big problems LL. :) I guess those whiners wanted the Greyhound
    Coach buses with TVs on evey seat.:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Jindal just postponed our primary for this Saturday. That means we have TV commercials for no telling how much longer...

The state's congressional primary elections planned for Sept. 6 will be postponed, Secretary of State Jay Dardenne said. He said it was difficult to contact election clerks about damage and impossible to predict whether voters will have returned in time.
    My daughter, Mom and I are all certified election commissioners - we will have to reschedule. OH, and it was daughter's first time to vote!:(

I like these "daily" threads. But what does TOTD mean? Something of the day...

Wait! I got it..TOPIC of the day. Right?
    Last edited by patsfan; 09-02-2008 at 08:36 PM. Reason: eureka moment