Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The Rev. Graham on 2012 GOP field 
    The Rev. Graham on 2012 GOP field: Trump might be right, Palin not running
    By Jamie Klatell - 04/24/11 10:11 AM ET

The Rev. Franklin Graham, who took over his father Billy Graham's ministry, said he has looked at the field of potential candidates for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination and thinks Donald Trump might be the one.

"Donald Trump, when I first saw that he was getting in, I thought, 'Well, this has got to be a joke,' " Graham said on ABC's "This Week." "But the more you listen to him, the more you say to yourself, 'You know, maybe the guy's right.' "

Asked if Trump were his candidate of choice, Graham said, "Sure, yeah."

Graham was also asked about Trump's trumpeting of the "birther" theory that President Obama was not born in the United States.

Obama "can solve this whole birth certificate issue pretty quickly," Graham said. "I was born in a hospital in Asheville, N.C., and I know that my records are there. You can probably even go and find out what room my mother was in when I was born. I don't know why he can't produce that."

As for the other GOP hopefuls, Graham said he likes former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin but isn't sure she will jump into the race.

"I don't think she — she likes politics," he said. "I think she likes speaking on the issues. And I agree with many of the issues that she brings up. But ... I don't see her as running for president."
    The Hill

Oh dear.

On edit, actually not oh dear, at all.

Hopefully such endorsements will help to limit Mr Trump's ambitions being realised.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Oh dear.

On edit, actually not oh dear, at all.

Hopefully such endorsements will help to limit Mr Trump's ambitions being realised.
    Heh. I was trying to think of something to say to this. Oh dear about sums it up.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar

Graham just needs to go away

Politically speaking, his father was worse.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Politically speaking, his father was worse.
    some reason i thought it was talking about Billy, but both just need to go away

I think Trump could beat Obama, but I don't think he's conservative enough to win the primaries.

Does anyone really believe that he has had some kind of epiphany and is now anti abortion? Or do most see it as a cynical ploy to gain votes?

How many ex-wives does he have? What is his stand on gay marriage? If he's against gay marriage, what has he done to support the concept of marriage being between one man and one woman until death separates them? He hasn't exactly lived out that principle in his personal life.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think Trump could beat Obama, but I don't think he's conservative enough to win the primaries.

Does anyone really believe that he has had some kind of epiphany and is now anti abortion? Or do most see it as a cynical ploy to gain votes?

How many ex-wives does he have? What is his stand on gay marriage? If he's against gay marriage, what has he done to support the concept of marriage being between one man and one woman until death separates them? He hasn't exactly lived out that principle in his personal life.
    You really think we have reached Idiocracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    You really think we have reached Idiocracy?
    I am by no means a supporter of him for President, but Trump certainly knows plenty about running things. And be succesful at it. And tons of people know it.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I am by no means a supporter of him for President, but Trump certainly knows plenty about running things. And be succesful at it. And tons of people know it.
    I suppose we have, then.