Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Bennett, Live on CNN, Rebukes CNN for Exploiting Palin's Daughter to Score Political 
    By Brent Baker
    September 1, 2008 - 20:55 ET

Late Monday afternoon live on CNN, Bill Bennett rebuked -- as an “outrageous” piece of “advocacy” and “attack journalism” that “has no place on CNN” -- a story the channel had just run which used the pregnancy of Sarah Palin's daughter to score political points by relaying as fact the talking points on sex education from a left-wing group. A defensive Wolf Blitzer kept saying “hold on” as he tried to justify raising the supposed hypocrisy.

Live from Anchorage at 5:33 PM EDT/4:33 PM CDT/1:33 PM ADT, Kyra Phillips revealed “there were a number of things that we were sent here to investigate,” including “trooper-gate,” but before that, she stressed “here's what's interesting,” that Palin ”has gone on the record and said that she is in full support of abstinence, and that she doesn't believe in contraception on school grounds and sex education.” Phillips then highlighted:

The Alliance for Reproductive Justice...says abstinence doesn't work, we've got to have better sex education in schools and this is just one example, this just underscores -- the pregnancy of the Governor's daughter -- to why we need sex education in schools.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-b...core-political

CNN makes me sick.
    Last edited by bijou; 09-02-2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: to conform with B/N format
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    I don't think this should be a matter of public debate. I think the family's decision about this pregnancy is their own business and not a matter of public policy. I would feel exactly the same way if it were about a politician's family which had decided an abortion would be best for their pregnant teenager, because I don't have a double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    By Brent Baker
    September 1, 2008 - 20:55 ET

Late Monday afternoon live on CNN, Bill Bennett rebuked -- as an “outrageous” piece of “advocacy” and “attack journalism” that “has no place on CNN” -- a story the channel had just run which used the pregnancy of Sarah Palin's daughter to score political points by relaying as fact the talking points on sex education from a left-wing group. A defensive Wolf Blitzer kept saying “hold on” as he tried to justify raising the supposed hypocrisy.

Live from Anchorage at 5:33 PM EDT/4:33 PM CDT/1:33 PM ADT, Kyra Phillips revealed “there were a number of things that we were sent here to investigate,” including “trooper-gate,” but before that, she stressed “here's what's interesting,” that Palin ”has gone on the record and said that she is in full support of abstinence, and that she doesn't believe in contraception on school grounds and sex education.” Phillips then highlighted:

The Alliance for Reproductive Justice...says abstinence doesn't work, we've got to have better sex education in schools and this is just one example, this just underscores -- the pregnancy of the Governor's daughter -- to why we need sex education in schools.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-b...core-political

CNN makes me sick.
    It's why I never watch it. I hate it at the doc's office, that always has it on in the waiting room. Blech. :mad:

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    CNN makes me sick.
    Haven't watched that crap since they made the "editorial decision" to show a sniper in Iraq killing an American soldier.

I got suckered into visiting their website once on here because I wasn't paying close enough attention to the target of a link.

If I see a story here linked to CNN, I will go to Google and find the same story from another provider. CNN is left-wing propaganda.

I don't watch any of the garbage, so-called journalism from outlets such as CNN. The Enquire has more creditibility.

noonwitch
    On this issue, CNN is hardly alone. Alan Colmes is on FOX.

The press has proven that they will do ANYTHING - that nothing is private and nothing is sacred. They're doing stories now on the father of Bristols baby trying hurt Sarah Palin. Scum. Attacking kids just to try to win political points is disgusting.
    Last edited by PoliCon; 09-02-2008 at 05:59 PM.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

this just underscores -- the pregnancy of the Governor's daughter -- to why we need sex education in schools.
    Just insert "the pregnancy of Barack Obama's mother".

This campaign was getting boring. Dems picked their candidates with an American Idol style of celebrity worship, heavily influenced by the media. Repubs picked the old guy who's been around the longest. Yada Yada Yada and Bob's your uncle.

This Palin choice though, woke everybody up. I love what it's causing the libs to resort to. Even national news was talking about "vile smear tactics from the leftist blogosphere" (DU). It's friggin hilarious the uproar this has caused. Even our resident lefties are squirmin. Their daily post counts must have doubled at least. People who usually don't pay that much attention to politics are shocked at the vileness of the left's attacks. I love to watch the rest of the world repulsed by rabid lib actions. I'm enjoying watching their ill advised schemes fold in upon them.

I'm no political expert, so can anyone tell me what it is about her that caused this reaction? Whatever it is, it brought this thing to life, that's for sure.

I'm puzzled as to why the Dems are all concerned over the issue of Bristol's condidtion. If they followed theor own logic, it is not a human, it is a fetus and , as such, should be treated as a medical condition. If they followed their nominees logic, it is not a viable human being even after it is born.

The left is upset at the fact that Bristol has taken accountability for her actions and will marry to provide a family in which to raise this child.

My mother is a product of out of wedlock circumstance. I have 2 friends in highschool that were participants in shotgun weddings. With the support of their familes, one turned out to own his own construction business employing 20 persons and the other is a MD/PhD tenured professor at the University of Michigan conducting cancer research. Both have been mattied for almost 20 years.