Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Favorite Concert 
    eagleexpress
    Do any of you have a favorite concert that you have been to? I saw Toby Keith right after he wrote Angry American and just was in awe of what a amazing show he put on

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Saw Confederate Railroad right before Keep on Rockin' came out, Love the song "I hate Rap"

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Ray Charles. Great concert.

Another fun concert was Three Dog Night at the Biltmoe House in Asheville.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

I've had a good time at Garth Brooks concerts, and even better time at Alabama concerts, but the best show I've seen far and wide was Bare Naked Ladies of all groups. They put on one hell of a show!
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    I've had a good time at Garth Brooks concerts, and even better time at Alabama concerts, but the best show I've seen far and wide was Bare Naked Ladies of all groups. They put on one hell of a show!
    Alabama put on a Great concert. Two hours at least and no opening act. It was all Alabama and they really had a good show.

Miz Bubba saw The Allman Brothers back when Duane was still living. That would have been awesome.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    I'd love to see BNL in concert

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I'd love to see BNL in concert
    They do a great performance, or at least they did 5 years or so ago when I saw them. Half of what they played wasn't even on an album that I've heard, so there was a lot of new material in their concert, and their entire encore was ad-libbed. Like they were playing and making up the song as they went. It was pretty hilarious. They started making fun on some too drunk audience members in their songs, and all sorts of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg
    Alabama put on a Great concert. Two hours at least and no opening act. It was all Alabama and they really had a good show.
    Yeah, not only was it long, they played every song I wanted to hear, and it was the biggest crowd at a concert I'd seen ever. I 've seen both Blackhawk and Eve 6 at the tiny Celebrity theater in Tempe, and I felt more crowded seeing Alabama at the HUGE Cricket Pavillion. I even felt more crowded at the Pavillion seeing Alabama than I did seeing Garth Brooks at what used to be the America West Arena. There are a lot of Alabama fans out there.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Tool, back in 2008. Rocked my socks off.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I saw M.C. Hammer/ Boyz2Men/ TLC back in the early 90's. Last concert I went to was the 2002 Anger Management Tour in Atlanta.

I've also seen Skid Row, Bon Jovi, Poison, David Lee Roth, Alabama, 69 Boys (Tootsie Roll), Candyman (Knockin' Boots), and lots of other one hit wonders
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad