Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    I'd like to see Jimmy Buffett for no other reason to say I went to a Parrot Head show. I like his music alright, and I'm no super fan, but I've heard his concerts are really fun.

Though I prefer Coconut Pete's "Pinacolataberg". (Broken Lizard Reference)
    I think its definitely worth the experience (if you can afford the tickets of course, they cost a fortune :(). I love his music too so that is a plus.

I'm not familiar with Pinacolataberg...I'll have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by pyackog View Post
    I'm not familiar with Pinacolataberg...I'll have to check it out.
    It's from a movie called Club Dread, made by Broken Lizard, the guys who did Super Troopers and Beerfest.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Some of my favorite concerts (free) were BB King on the riverfront in St Louis (on the stage under the arch) along with Dr John and the Moody Blues at the Muny Opera in St Louis (sat in the "free seats" in the back for one heck of a concert).

Best that I actually forked out some money for---Eric Clapton (2x) and Charlie Daniels the last 2 years at the Hannity concerts in San Diego and last year in Orlando.

Worst concert was Bob Dylan. It was short, no encores and he gave the attitude that he could have cared less.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

First concert I ever went to was Jimi Hendrix. Dorton Arena In Raleigh NC. It set the bar kinda high. And get this, I paid $3.50 for a seat in the sixth row center.

I saw Bruce Springsteen in 1984 at Joe Louis Arena, when it was fairly new. It was the first leg of the Born in the USA tour. He played for 4 hours, with one 15 minute intermission and no warmup band. It was an awesome show.

I saw the Dead at the Palace in 1993. It was probably the second-best concert I ever attended.
    Last edited by noonwitch; 04-26-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Tool, back in 2008. Rocked my socks off.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I saw M.C. Hammer/ Boyz2Men/ TLC back in the early 90's. Last concert I went to was the 2002 Anger Management Tour in Atlanta.

I've also seen Skid Row, Bon Jovi, Poison, David Lee Roth, Alabama, 69 Boys (Tootsie Roll), Candyman (Knockin' Boots), and lots of other one hit wonders
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    Most memorable: The London Philharmonic playing music in celebration of the American bicentennial, on the steps of St. Paul's Cathedral on the evening of July 4, 1976.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Most memorable for me was Pink Floyd on the Division Bell tour. I've also seen The Scorpions, KISS and Queen with Paul Rodgers as well. But the one artist I never, ever miss when he comes to town is Weird Al. He always puts on a great show.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Most memorable for me was Pink Floyd on the Division Bell tour. I've also seen The Scorpions, KISS and Queen with Paul Rodgers as well. But the one artist I never, ever miss when he comes to town is Weird Al. He always puts on a great show.
    Kiss was my first ever real concert in 1984 with Queensryche opening for them.