Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    How many of you have seen concerts at venues that no longer exist? For me, it's The Spectrum, JFK Stadium, and Veterans Stadium. All gone.
    That would probably include every concert I've been too, my concert going days were over 30 years ago.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

How many of you have seen concerts at venues that no longer exist? For me, it's The Spectrum, JFK Stadium, and Veterans Stadium. All gone.
    For me the venues are still there...the concerts just stopped coming to them.

Midland/Odessa used to be on the hard rock circuit for conerts but Ticketmaster kinda killed the acts coming to the smaller venues like the Ector County Collesium and The Chap Center in Midland.

I miss the days of Bill White annoucing "The Red Rocker returns to West Texas...Sammy Hagar Aug 25 at the Ector County Collseium...tickets on sale now...a Pace-Stardate Production..."

:D
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Ok gotta add more to my favorite concerts list...reading this thread reminds me of them.

Beach Boys 1986 @ Buffalo lake in Lubbock. Played for 3 hours and Dean Torrence made a special appearence and did Dead Man's Curve with them.

Vince Gill w/ Patty Lovless and Bryan White GSU Stadium in Statesboro, GA 1996. Vice alone played for 3 1/2 Hours.

Then there was my interview with George Strait before a roping contest in Big Spring, TX 1990 and getting to watch his show from backstage in 1991.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    That would probably include every concert I've been too, my concert going days were over 30 years ago.
    Same here. I used to go to the New Orleans Jazz Festival in the late 70's and 80's. Great performers there and every kind of music from gospel to jazz.

The most memorable was a state fair concert that was rained out all 3 days. So, the event was held inside the the Pete Maravich Assembly Center and all the entertainers stuck around to play one concert. 12 straight hour of country music from Willie, Waylon, Paycheck, Haggard and a bunch of others. I still have Paycheck's take this job and shove it T-shirt.

After reading all these, I need to post more shows now, lol

David Lee Roth/Cinderella/Extreme - Jones Beach Theater, around 1991
    Slayer/Testament - L'Amour Brooklyn 1988
    Tim McGraw/Faith Hill - Philips Arena 2007
    Ozzy/Metallica - Nassau Coliseum 1985
    Motorhead/Manowar - Sundance, Bayshore, NY

I could keep up at this for an hour, lol.

Anyone remember actually having to wait in line for tickets? Sleeping at either the venue or ticket place? With the advent of the internet and phone ordering, it takes all the fun out of it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Anyone remember actually having to wait in line for tickets? Sleeping at either the venue or ticket place? With the advent of the internet and phone ordering, it takes all the fun out of it.
    I never spent the night waiting on ticket line but did arrive at a couple at about 5am. Then they came out with wristbands you waited on line for instead of the tickets. When Kiss announced their first reunion tour with the makeup, I got wristband for #2 in line for tickets ...I made a TON of money buying tickets with that, lol.