Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Earth Day Idiots Exposed 
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Fabulous Poster
    ".... and eat the fruit and figs right from the tree, because then it has vital life force energy..."

And the wonder why people make fun of hippies....

BTW, the cheapest "apartment" I could find in Santa Cruz is $975. The price of tuning in, turning on, and dropping out is high.

Banned
    I'm a believer in very sensible environmentalism; I'm not an activist, but I believe in a common sense approach. These people are stuck in the 60s and give the environmental movement, or environmentalist sentiment, a bad name. Some of them are quite creepy, like the bearded fellow. He looks like he just stepped out of the 19th century.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    I'm a believer in very sensible environmentalism; I'm not an activist, but I believe in a common sense approach. These people are stuck in the 60s and give the environmental movement, or environmentalist sentiment, a bad name. Some of them are quite creepy, like the bearded fellow. He looks like he just stepped out of the 19th century.
    Dude - these people ARE the environmentalist movement.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Dude - these people ARE the environmentalist movement.
    I don't know, I think you get fringe nuts in every group. Having environmentalist sentiment doesn't mean you also smoke pot, hate Capitalism and have a '60s mentality. These people are just weirdos, at least in my opinion, with stupid views on environmentalism, ill informed. The Democracy Now! cultural left type crowd.

These people are just weirdos, at least in my opinion, with stupid views on environmentalism, ill informed. The Democracy Now! cultural left type crowd.
    Right - which makes them your mainstream enviroweenie activists.

I want to carve up every one of those people with a smoky chainsaw. Seriously.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I want to carve up every one of those people with a smoky chainsaw. Seriously.
    I'll be happy to buy you some gas.:D

I don't know, I think you get fringe nuts in every group. Having environmentalist sentiment doesn't mean you also smoke pot, hate Capitalism and have a '60s mentality. These people are just weirdos, at least in my opinion, with stupid views on environmentalism, ill informed. The Democracy Now! cultural left type crowd.
    Young sir (I hope; if you're a young ma'am then please accept my apologies for mis-judging your sex for the last few months), you are learning the difference between environmentalists and conservationists. I believe very much in the preservation of clean air, clean water, minding the environment, tending to it. If you want to get Biblical about it, we have an obligation to do that because God told us to. My motivation is not nearly so lofty as Biblical reasons and instead much more rooted in the very simple philosophy of "you don't shit where you eat." So, I say keep the earth clean. I am a conservationist.

On the other side of the aisle are the environmentalists. They generally have a belief in a pristine earth that never existed. If there is one molecule of oil in the seven seas, then by God, man has ruined the earth. These people are too blinded by ideology and, frankly, too gullible and stupid to understand that the earth was never pristine, and even if it were, it should not be kept in such a state, because to do so would grotesquely upset the eco balance and start killing life here very quickly. These people are environmentalists, and they are to be shunned and ridiculed. Left to their own devices, they would actually murder the earth through their own misguided efforts to keep her clean.

Welcome aboard.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Ugh The stench from all those old (and young) hippies must of been really bad. :D

Wish a meteor would've hit that area, it would've added an ironic twist to that event.