Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    yes. it was a contributing factor. It is destructive to society in general...to the family...associated with corruption.

As much to blame as the heterosexuals tolerating the corruption of society and government...and committing their own 'sins'.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Not really... homosexuality was probably neither here nor there. Hell, for all you know, homosexuality caused emperors and statesmen to be more sexually satiated and/or acted as a mitigating factor against the coming social unrest, and actually slowed Rome's demise.

The attitude that it was some sort of enabler of the fall of Rome is just taking extreme liberties with history, to make Christian morals and ethics seem more favorable.

homosexuality was very prevalent before Rome (Greece) and during Rome, I said it played a small part as it was part of the lifestyle of the Emperors as were orgies and concubines, mistresses, etc. but all those became even more prevalent in the Emperors post Nero as the Emperors became less and less concerned about ruling and more about holding power.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    yes. it was a contributing factor. It is destructive to society in general...to the family...associated with corruption.
    Heh - where's the empirical sociological data to back any of this up? Scriptures?
    Last edited by wilbur; 04-26-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Nixon: You ever see, you know what happened to the Greeks? Homosexuality destroyed them. Sure, Aristotle was a homo. We all know that. So was Socrates.

EHRLICHMAN: But he never had the influence television had.

That is just damn funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post

As much to blame as the heterosexuals tolerating the corruption of society and government...and committing their own 'sins'.
    How so and how so?

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I was trying to figure out what TV show he was talking about. It sounded like "All in the Family" in some ways, but not in others.
    It was a specific episode of All In The Family, that had two interesting future daytime stars as guest stars. Mike (Meathead)'s friend, whom Archie thinks is gay because the guy wears an ascot, was played by
    Anthony Geary, best known as Luke Spencer on GH (the actor is rumored to be gay in real life). The football player who was in the closet was played by the late Phil Carey, known for roles in westerns in the 50s and 60s, and for playing Asa Buchannan on One Life To Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Nixon: You ever see, you know what happened to the Greeks? Homosexuality destroyed them. Sure, Aristotle was a homo. We all know that. So was Socrates.

EHRLICHMAN: But he never had the influence television had.

That is just damn funny.
    I was skimming a little at the end and missed that...that IS damn funny! :D

Quote Originally Posted by pyackog View Post
    I was skimming a little at the end and missed that...that IS damn funny! :D
    Socrates? Never heard of him. :p

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It was a specific episode of All In The Family, that had two interesting future daytime stars as guest stars. Mike (Meathead)'s friend, whom Archie thinks is gay because the guy wears an ascot, was played by
    Anthony Geary, best known as Luke Spencer on GH (the actor is rumored to be gay in real life). The football player who was in the closet was played by the late Phil Carey, known for roles in westerns in the 50s and 60s, and for playing Asa Buchannan on One Life To Live.
    It really concerns me that you know this.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It really concerns me that you know this.

I saw it in repeats one day, and recognized the guest stars. I probably saw it when it originally aired, because that was a show my family watched on a weekly basis.

But I confess to still taping and watching GH every day. I don't watch any other soaps, just that one.