Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Gallup: Majority of Human Race Does Not See Global Warming as Serious Threat 
    Gallup: Majority of Human Race Does Not See Global Warming as Serious Threat
    Monday, April 25, 2011
    By Terence P. Jeffrey

(CNSNews.com) - Most of the human race does not see global warming as a serious threat, according to a Gallup poll released last week that surveyed individuals in 111 countries.

Respondents were asked: “How serious of a threat is global warming to you and your family?” They were given the options of anwering: not at all serious, not very serious, somewhat serious or very serious.

Worldwide, only 42 percent told Gallup they believed global warming was either a “somewhat serious” or “very serious” threat. Gallup did not publish the separate percentages for each answer.

In the United States, 53 percent said they believed global warming was a “somewhat serious” or “very serious” threat to themselves and their families. That was down from 63 percent in polling that Gallup did on the question in the United States in 2007 and 2008.

Of the 111 countries that Gallup polled, Greece ranked as No.1 for popular fear of global warming. In that southern European country 87 percent said global warming was a “somewhat serious” or “very serious” threat.
    CNS

We will adapt. No biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    We will adapt. No biggie.
    Or we will go extinct. It's called natural selection. Your environment is going to change, and if you can't catch up, then it's time for you to go.

So if those 3 inch lizards in new mexico go extince because some oil derrick was built, then I say good riddance.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Or we will go extinct. It's called natural selection. Your environment is going to change, and if you can't catch up, then it's time for you to go.

So if those 3 inch lizards in new mexico go extince because some oil derrick was built, then I say good riddance.
    got to love the hypocrisy of the eviromentalfucknuts. "we're atheist and believe in Darwinism, but we can't let nature change!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

I don't believe in the evolution of oil derricks; I am an advocate of Intelligent Design.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I don't believe in the evolution of oil derricks; I am an advocate of Intelligent Design.
    Animals change the environment as well, and that's all we are. Look at what locusts do when they go through a region. The American Bison was going to eat itself extinct if we hadn't of nearly beaten them to it.

While something like an oil derrick is a bit differant from the norm, animals adapting to another animals change to the environment has been happening since life began. Some did, some didn't.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    got to love the hypocrisy of the eviromentalfucknuts. "we're atheist and believe in Darwinism, but we can't let nature change!!!"
    Who says "change" is a per se bad? No environmentalist I listen too ever says that... because it would be ridiculous. Your adversaries on this issue aren't as dumb as you obviously think. The concern about global warming is about change that might potentially have harmful consequences for human beings.

As for atheism, I think being an atheist might be a strong indicator that one is an environmentalist, but I'm not so sure that goes the other way around.

One reason for that might be, is that on atheism, there is no divine being orchestrating the movements of the planets and solar system in order to facilitate the existence of human life. An atheist must face the possibility head on that no divine being is guiding us along a path that ensures our preservation, till his day of judgement. On atheism, we can go extinct. We could possibly cause our own extinction.

See the video below for a frightening, potentially disastrous type of theistic thinking (but hopefully, both atheists and most Christians know better than this idiot).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7h08RDYA5E
    Last edited by wilbur; 04-26-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Who says "change" is a per se bad? No environmentalist I listen too ever says that... because it would be ridiculous. Your adversaries on this issue aren't as dumb as you obviously think. The concern about global warming is about change that might potentially have harmful consequences for human beings.

As for atheism, I think being an atheist might be a strong indicator that one is an environmentalist, but I'm not so sure that goes the other way around.

One reason for that might be, is that on atheism, there is no divine being orchestrating the movements of the planets and solar system in order to facilitate the existence of human life. An atheist must face the possibility head on that no divine being is guiding us along a path that ensures our preservation, till his day of judgement. On atheism, we can go extinct. We could possibly cause our own extinction.

See the video below for a frightening, potentially disastrous type of theistic thinking (but hopefully, both atheists and most Christians know better than this idiot).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7h08RDYA5E

It's called generalizing and being facetious.

The concern about global warming is about change that might potentially have harmful consequences for human beings.

"that MIGHT have POTENTIALLY harmful consequences."
    Okay, I can live with that. But it's easy to see why elements of the left might take and inflate, exaggerate and propagate that statement purely for political aims. It's precisely because the left has a history of doing just that, (Republicans want to starve children and make Grandma homeless!) that caused many centrists and conservatives to take up such a strong opposing view. So we end up with an issue that leaves the truth possibly clouded by both sides.

Your adversaries on this issue aren't as dumb as you obviously think.
    Actually, they are pretty freaking stupid.

Every study/theory they present as "fact" gets dissected by legitimate scientists. And EVERY SINGLE ONE is/has been proven to be unsubstantiated, unrepeatable, and unverifiable

The concern about global warming is about change that might potentially have harmful consequences for human beings.
    Once again, you are dead wrong.

The concern about global warming is how to keep the public terrified, the grant funding and green energy subsidies flowing in, and how to keep the truth hidden.
    Give a liberal a fish - he will eat for a day
    Teach a liberal to fish - he will come back tomorrow wanting more free fish!