Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Me and Mrs Fett didn't live together until after we were married, though with her being 17 and me 19, it wouldn't have happened to begin with. Though she did live with my parents for 3 months before the wedding, I had to stay with my grandparents :(

We dated for 9 months before becoming engaged, were engaged for a year, 3 months and 2 days (started dating 9/11/2000 got married 9/13/2002)

We'll be married 9 years this year.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Linda makes an interesting point about maturity. I dunno. I married much younger than that and I think being so young actually helped a lot. I had fewer fixed habits and fewer demands or comparisons (as was also true of my husband) so we cut each other a lot of slack and in some ways "grew up" together. I would think that marrying late means having a lot more fixed ideas that might need some modification. ;)
    You're right about that, and he made his modifications very well. :D
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by pyackog View Post
    Of course being the man, only mine were in need of some "modification." :p
    I posted my response to Ginger before I saw yours. I see you too "got with the program" - it's really best that way.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    You're right about that, and he made his modifications very well. :D
    thats a euphemism for "I changed his ways" :p :D

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Me and Mrs Fett didn't live together until after we were married, though with her being 17 and me 19, it wouldn't have happened to begin with.
    Where are you from, West Virginia??? :eek:

Power CUer
    thats a euphemism for "I changed his ways" :p :D
    It's a joke, really. We were both used to living on our own, so we "adjusted" toward each other.

I posted my response to Ginger before I saw yours. I see you too "got with the program" - it's really best that way.
    Spoken like a loyal female. :D

Where are you from, West Virginia??? :eek:
    Wisconsin, it was my parents and her's and the fact she was 17, if she had been 18 we would have probably lived together for a short time

Power CUer
    Wisconsin, it was my parents and her's and the fact she was 17, if she had been 18 we would have probably lived together for a short time
    That's amazing to me. I was in my freshman year at college at 17, and I can't imagine anything I would have been less interested in then than getting married. :)

That's amazing to me. I was in my freshman year at college at 17, and I can't imagine anything I would have been less interested in then than getting married. :)
    I got my first serious marriage proposal at 18. But not my last. :p