1. #1 So in a close knit DU family dissenting opiinon is not permitted 
    It's amazing that she states that "she is trying to educate her kids" and yet she is not teaching her kids to accept other people's opinion

I find these types of posts to be the most interesting on DU: Boy i would love to meet this person i just find them fascinating

Extracted from DU posting:

"Last night as I watched Obama's acceptance speech I had the feeling that I was witnessing someone who invoked the inspiration that JFK did and Martin Luther King did. Since that was before my time I had to ask those who remember if you felt that same way? I thought all of the speeches given were amazing and each one better than the previous but Obama's speech left me in awe. I had Ava watch it with us because I know that this will be one of those memories that she will want to remember. She being an innocent kid cannot understand really why it is historic that a black man is being a party nominee. I can't wait until November!"

Yep, that made old Dad proud, but look what this asshole responded with:

"An ordinary politician with an extraordinary teleprompter.

No comparison whatsoever with Dr. King's address, which I watched on TV as a kid."

The entire posting is located here:

[/URL]//http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3904103"]http://http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3904103[/URL]

Romulox (1000+ posts)
    Tue Sep-02-08 10:56 AM
    Response to Original message
    3. You're teaching your children that differences in opinion will not be tolerated??? nt
    Mole or someone who's been lurking here?
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Power CUer
    "I had the feeling that I was witnessing someone who invoked the inspiration that JFK did and Martin Luther King did. Since that was before my time I had to ask those who remember if you felt that same way?"

I remember them both, and in terms of both content and delivery - no comparison.

Power CUer
    Barry was just dull. All that stage craft: the columns, the steps, the stadium, and he was just a snoozer. It was just a campaign speech, not a momentous national occasion.

They must be delusional to compare this guy to MLK & JFK. This was a stump speech O delivered and nothing more. Put a script in front of him and with enough practice he can deliver what sounds like a good speech. Put him in a debate and he bombs. McCain is going to tear Barry to shreds on that stage.

A pretty stage with an active teleprompter can turn anyone - even a former coke head turned empty suited chicago mob politician - into a potential POTUS.

Banned
    Obama blew an opportunity. The night of his acceptance speech was a historic one. One in which our nation crosses a threshold. He could have made the speech about the greatness of America. About how 40 years after dogs were set upon his people, a Black man was accepting the nmination of the very party that committed those atrocities. It could have been about how far we have come as a nation and where we are going. Instead we got the same speech that coukld have been expected from John Edwards or John Kerry. If Obama had made this speech one praising America and the healing of racial divisions, it would not have mattered whether he even mentioned that he was running for president or not. He could have sealed the Presidency but pointing to the greatness of our country and the opportunity that had been afforded to him. But then he would have gagged on those very words and Michelle would have shit all over herself.