Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    I don't know, I always thought a divine machine would more like this:

That's 24 cores (3.0GHz), and 96GB RAM. Not shown is iSCSI attached SAN storage. It's one of my work toys.
    can you play games on it??
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    can you play games on it??
    If I installed Xorg, and some games on it I could.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Maybe God does favor the Mac but only Satan would be groovin' to Alex Parks.

Jesus wept.
    :p
    LMAO.

She's nice, she is, I really like her. That first track of hers is the dog's bollocks.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    They need to look good, and go like the clappers. :D
    I'm a Linux guy, through and through, it's how I make money. I like the way Mac hardware looks, especially their consumer electronics. However, I'm not a big fan of Mac OS or OS X. It's not very easy to open the hood and change how things are running, like I can with Linux.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."

I'm sure this might piss more than a few of y'all (especially Muscle Boi), but there it is. What'chya gonna do.

This is how any reasonably-minded deity would have it:

God has a Mac. Get over it, peasants, and get one or two yourselves. :D
    Would this be a bad time to point out the it was an Apple that led to Jesus having to die while nailed to a cross? I'm not sure one of them would be his first choice for cosmic computing.

I'm just sayin'. ;)
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

The big Cheese
    I'm sure this might piss more than a few of y'all (especially Muscle Boi), but there it is. What'chya gonna do.
    what are you doing out of the kitchen? Go make me a sammich bitch!

BOOYAH!!!!!

Just because I eat bowls of MAC bigger than you and you seem to have little man syndrome... either that or you strive to look like some emo fag.....hell my arms are thicker than your waste.

have at it with that over priced locked out unix PC!!!!

lol
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Would this be a bad time to point out the it was an Apple that led to Jesus having to die while nailed to a cross? I'm not sure one of them would be his first choice for cosmic computing.

I'm just sayin'. ;)
    That's the deal with the whole serpent thing in the midst of his fruit collection, the serpent worked for Lucifer!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I feel sorry for that table, having to hold all the crap :D
    hahahahahahahahahahahaa
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

What sort of processors are powering your fruit Hamps?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    That's the deal with the whole serpent thing in the midst of his fruit collection, the serpent worked for Lucifer!
    So, while it isn't agreed that Mac possibly isn't a deity's choice of computing platform, it is likely a biblical choice? Is that what we are getting at?

In that case, Unix/Linux must be the old testament version. The one where you wander 40 years in the desert wondering if the guy at the head of the pack knows what he's doing, then all the sudden, the learning curve is passed, and you reach salvation!