1. #1 Pinnacle of Office Communication Technology 
    Our desktop phones at work are smart, very smart. They integrate with our Outlook calenders to redirect calls to our meeting rooms or send callers to voice mail automatically. We can set them to auto-forward to follow us on our cell or home phones anywhere in the world. They integrate with our desktop software to call contacts straight out of Outlook, conference call, and handle virtual meetings with webcams and desktop sharing with our team from around the globe.

They still have the same annoying coiled cord problems office phones had since the beginning of office phone technology:

What the heck is up with that?

On Edit: Sorry for the HUGE image. I forgot how to use photobucket or something for a minute.
    Last edited by malloc; 04-26-2011 at 11:22 PM.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    Our desktop phones at work are smart, very smart. They integrate with our Outlook calenders to redirect calls to our meeting rooms or send callers to voice mail automatically. We can set them to auto-forward to follow us on our cell or home phones anywhere in the world. They integrate with our desktop software to call contacts straight out of Outlook, conference call, and handle virtual meetings with webcams and desktop sharing with our team from around the globe.

They still have the same annoying coiled cord problems office phones had since the beginning of office phone technology:

What the heck is up with that?
    Jeeze, that reminds me of my office in St Louis. We had a phone system like that. When they installed the new system, we had a stupid one day class. Obviously a bunch of sales reps could care less. They gave us a book, they gave us cheat sheets, but one of the office administrators came and gave us individual instructions. :D And we had those same stupid cords.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Jeeze, that reminds me of my office in St Louis. We had a phone system like that. When they installed the new system, we had a stupid one day class. Obviously a bunch of sales reps could care less. They gave us a book, they gave us cheat sheets, but one of the office administrators came and gave us individual instructions. :D And we had those same stupid cords.
    I'm supposedly some sort of systems programming/Linux genius, or at least that's what they pay me for, and I still haven't figured out how all the bells and whistles on this phone system works. :D

Sometimes I'll go to email a coworker, then my phone will ring, and I'll pick it up, and it's the coworker I was going to email on the other line saying I called them. There's some weird key combination that will call a highlighted contact or something. The cord problem drives me insane though. There's no way to untangle it, and it if you think you've succeeded it keeps coming back.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    i never understood why the cords were coiled to begin with...such a pain in ass

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    i never understood why the cords were coiled to begin with...such a pain in ass
    Otherwise you'd have a very long cord, or so they were back in the day. At least the coiled cords stretch further than having a godawful extra long straight cord. I find it difficult to believe that in these new, more complex systems they don't have cordless phones.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

Might be worth a few sheckles to try an untangler:

Phone cord detangler

I make no guarantees as to whether they are crap or not. :D

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Otherwise you'd have a very long cord, or so they were back in the day. At least the coiled cords stretch further than having a godawful extra long straight cord. I find it difficult to believe that in these new, more complex systems they don't have cordless phones.
    I would figure there is a limited number of frequencies those cordless phones can use and if you have an office with 100 phones it, well hijinks could ensue. :D