Thread: Would you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Would you 
    eagleexpress
    For all the parents out there and the non parents would you want to find out the sex of your baby before hand or hear congratulations its a ....

Quote Originally Posted by eagleexpress View Post
    For all the parents out there and the non parents would you want to find out the sex of your baby before hand or hear congratulations its a ....
    For my children, I wanted to know. My wife had to know, for clothes and colors and what not. I figured we'd just throw some towels in a drawer when the first one finally came and call it good until the kid outgrew the drawer-crib. Boy was I wrong!
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by eagleexpress View Post
    I'm not a parent and never will be but no, I would not. I'd prefer to be surprised. However, I'm not the kind of gal who would spend a fortune on a nursery or baby items before the event. I imagine I would just get the basics and go from there.

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    Never knew. Always 'surprised' but i gotta tell you. I KNEW. Even had the right name for the sex of the baby. As a matter of fact, after the first time, a woman KNOWS i think, that she is pregnant before even any test will give a positive.

I'm with Calypso. I always just "knew." I had names and clothes ready for both sexes, not at all hard to do with newborns, but I was always sure before the birth...with one exception. With my youngest, the ultrasound tech thought it was a boy. I spent many weeks before the birth wishing she was the girl I thought she'd be, so I could name her after my grandmother...and by golly, she was! :)
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

I wanna know!! Meet the baby!! I knew I had a granddaughter!!

http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ight=meet+baby

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I knew the sex of the first two before we had the ultrasound, Addison flashed us, the ultrasound tech was a bitch with Shelby and wouldn't tell us, and I was wrong about Leigha.

It was nice to know, cuz my wife could start focusing on names for the sex, instead of 50,000 for both.

My wife found out she was pregnant the morning she was to go check on fertility treatment. We had lost a set of twins a few years before. When she was far enough along to tell the sex, the doctor told us the baby was a boy. I truly did not care. I just wanted a healthy baby. The due date came and went ,and we started to get worried. An ultra sound was done and the doctor said the baby was breach. A week later, no labor pains and we were very worried. After ten days the doctors decided to do a C-section and I heard "You have a healthy DAUGHTER. " I am tearing up now just recalling it. I have never heard a more wonderfull statement in my life. I had to repaint and all the clothes were wrong, but it was a small price to pay.

My wife and I both wanted to know, largely because neither of us has any patience, and also for decorating purposes. We had a lot of family members buying stuff and they wanted to know pink or blue, etc. It would have been pretty fun finding out in the delivery room but at the same time, just seeing the child the first time there and finding out that he/she is healthy is fulfilling enough.

Quote Originally Posted by pyackog View Post
    My wife and I both wanted to know, largely because neither of us has any patience, and also for decorating purposes. We had a lot of family members buying stuff and they wanted to know pink or blue, etc. It would have been pretty fun finding out in the delivery room but at the same time, just seeing the child the first time there and finding out that he/she is healthy is fulfilling enough.
    You have no patience and you want kids, good luck with that. :D

Well lets hope you are a better parent then a fan of hockey. (sorry i couldn't resist):p :D