#1 5 reasons why Republicans don't want to run in 2012
04-27-2011, 09:22 AM
- Join Date
- May 2008
- Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
According to the NYT blog The Caucus:
1. Biden.The idea is that Biden's too old to run in 2016, and that will make 2016 an easier year.
2. The economy.It might improve.
3. Money. Mr. Obama is expected in some quarters to raise $1 billion for his re-election campaign, and he has no serious primary opposition, which means he will be free to aim that firepower at his Republican adversaries....
4. The Tea Party. The emergence of the Tea Party movement as a force inside the Republican Party requires potential presidential candidates to pick sides in an intraparty philosophical struggle....
5. The media glare. Candidates for president have always had to contend with scrutiny from the press. But the intense, Internet-driven political environment in 2011, when everyone has a camera phone and every offhand comment can be recorded, is enough to scare away even the most hearty of politicians....
1 & 2 BS
4 only if their views differ greatly from the TEA party.
5 they should know and be ready for the Obama media.Rest In Peace America
July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
04-27-2011, 09:35 AM
I agree that the economy might be an issue, not because it might improve, but because we are headed for a VERY rough stretch NO MATTER WHO is in office, and they don't want to be the one who gets blamed for it.I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.
04-27-2011, 10:01 AM
I would hope someone would step up to the plate. I'd have no respect for the Republicans if they don't field a decent candidate. The country might not survive another 4 years of Obama. There has to be someone with a sense of honor and duty to our country.
" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
Crocodiles are easy. They try to kill & eat you. People are harder. Sometimes they pretend to be your friend first.” Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter
04-27-2011, 10:55 AM
- Join Date
- Jun 2005
- Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
We need a principled Conservative who will run on Conservative values. One who goes toe to toe with the Liar In Chief and calls him on his lies publicly. One who will not crumble under pressure and cave to the winds of popular opinion. One who is picked as a candidate by Conservatives and not by the liberal media.Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
C. S. Lewis
Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
04-27-2011, 11:15 AM
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
- Lawrenceville, Georgia
Issue #5 may be a recent phenomenom but is not going away. If it were an actual issue for running a republican for president, there would NEVER be a new candidate.
04-27-2011, 11:23 AM
I still think it is early.
04-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Here's one reason that someone good should run: gas prices.
I find it hard to fathom that Obama could get re-elected with a still semi-recovering economy and gas prices in the neighborhood of $5.00.
As Oreo said, it is still way too early.Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender
In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid
To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|