1. #1 'Kung Fu Fighting' Song Now Racist 
    Pub singer arrested for racism after Chinese passers-by hear him perform Kung Fu Fighting

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 12:50 PM on 27th April 2011

A pub singer has been arrested on suspicion of racism for singing the classic chart hit Kung Fu Fighting.

The song, performed by Simon Ledger, 34, is said to have offended two Chinese people as they walked past the bar where he was singing. The entertainer regularly performs the 1974 number one hit, originally by disco star Carl Douglas, at the Driftwood Beach Bar in Sandown, on the Isle of Wight.

But after one of the passers-by reported his routine on Sunday afternoon, Mr Ledger was arrested on suspicion of racially aggravated harassment.

‘We were performing Kung Fu Fighting, as we do during all our sets,’ he said. ‘People of all races were loving it. Chinese people have never been offended by it before. ‘But this lad walking past with his mum started swearing at us and making obscene hand gestures before taking a picture on his mobile phone. 'We hadn’t even seen them when we started the song. He must have phoned the police.’

Officers later called Mr Ledger while he was eating in a Chinese restaurant to arrange a meeting. The singer assumed it was a prank – but he was later arrested and is still under investigation.

‘They seemed pretty amazed but said the law is the law and it was their duty,’ he is reported to have said.

‘It’s political correctness gone potty. There are plenty of Welsh people at our shows – does it mean I can’t play any Tom Jones?’
    Words fail. I would blame this overreaction on the Brits just being Brits but my husband was once 'advised' that could no longer tell Sven and Ole jokes at work. My husband is 100% Norwegian by blood, a Minnesotan by birth, and a cultural Scandinavian-American. He belongs to the freaking Sons of Norway.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1KpOkbJLE

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    my husband was once 'advised' that could no longer tell Sven and Ole jokes at work. My husband is 100% Norwegian by blood, a Minnesotan by birth, and a cultural Scandinavian-American. He belongs to the freaking Sons of Norway.
    I doubt that was really the case; they were probably reacting to him bringing lutefisk in his lunch. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I doubt that was really the case; they were probably reacting to him bringing lutefisk in his lunch. :p
    Unlikely. His mother essentially has to hold him at gunpoint to get him to eat it.

Officers later called Mr Ledger while he was eating in a Chinese restaurant to arrange a meeting.
    Oh the irony. Those cats were fast as lightning.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Unlikely. His mother essentially has to hold him at gunpoint to get him to eat it.
    That's pretty much what they'd have to do to me, too.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Seriously - if the dude was offended - it's time for him to head back to china.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

if was offended he should have karate chopped them all
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

<Scratches "I'm Turning Japanese" off setlist>

Quote Originally Posted by pyackog View Post
    Oh the irony. Those cats were fast as lightning.