Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Just another eeevil Republican hated by the DUmmies 
    I was interested in why the left hate the Koch brothers so much. I went to www.kochfamilyfoundations.org and found the following information. Understandably, it's their site and they're not exactly going to be putting themselves down, but the following facts are easy to document.

It seems to me that they've truly given back to the world. For anyone who has had a family member (or themselves) with cancer, the Koch's are doing quite a bit to help. The libs generally complain that Republicans are trying to destroy public funding for the arts. It seems to me that the Kochs are helping quite a bit.

It shows that generous donations from private benefactors decreases the government's need to tax us to death (and to control us).

Medical & Cancer Research

As a prostate cancer survivor, David Koch’s gift of $100 million in 2007 created the David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research at MIT, which which opened March 3, 2011. Other cancer-fighting gifts include:

In 2007, Mr. Koch was honored with the Double Helix Medal for Corporate Leadership from Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory for supporting research that, “improves the health of people everywhere.”
    Education & Science

Mr. Koch supports science-related projects including funding of the long-running PBS documentary series, “Nova,” and a science and technology center at Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts. As the national sponsor of The Bill of Rights Institute's 2009-2010 high school essay contest, Mr. Koch's philanthropy helps educate young people about the words and ideas of the nation's founders. Winners of the “Being An American" contest were honored at a gala held in Washington, D.C.
    Mr. Koch’s $15 million gift to the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C., created the David H. Koch Hall of Human Origins that opened spring 2010. The 15,000-square-foot exhibit offers visitors an immersive and interactive museum experience. In 2006, he made a $20 million gift to the American Museum of Natural History, creating the David H. Koch Dinosaur Wing.
    Public Policy

A passionate believer in free societies, Mr. Koch has funded research and education programs that analyze how freedom creates prosperity and advances social progress. He serves on the boards of the Cato Institute, the Reason Foundation and Americans for Prosperity Foundation.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I was interested in why the left hate the Koch brothers so much. I went to www.kochfamilyfoundations.org and found the following information. Understandably, it's their site and they're not exactly going to be putting themselves down, but the following facts are easy to document.

It seems to me that they've truly given back to the world. For anyone who has had a family member (or themselves) with cancer, the Koch's are doing quite a bit to help. The libs generally complain that Republicans are trying to destroy public funding for the arts. It seems to me that the Kochs are helping quite a bit.

It shows that generous donations from private benefactors decreases the government's need to tax us to death (and to control us).
    Charitable giving doesn't quite erase everything else they do.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    Tell us what they do.

I will use information in this article as basis for my support of these fine people.
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/articl...cs_555525.html
    Last edited by Starbuck; 04-28-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Tell us what they do.
    They honestly see themselves as victims. Its nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I was interested in why the left hate the Koch brothers so much.
    Their just mad because it embarasses the $369 yearly average that Biden contributes to charity.

So, if the article is true... the Koch's are closer to libertarian than anything else... but they have money and their last name isn't Soros, so . . . yeah.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    So, if the article is true... the Koch's are closer to libertarian than anything else... but they have money and their last name isn't Soros, so . . . yeah.

~QC
    The Koch's wouldn't be demonized regardless of their last name if they gave their money to the Liberals.

In the alternate universe that is Liberalism they believe that they should get:

All the money

Make all the rules

Get every single vote

Control ever comma and soundbite that appears in the media.

And they will smear the hell out of anyone that doesn't agree with them.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    The Koch's wouldn't be demonized regardless of their last name if they gave their money to the Liberals.
    yes they would

let me make it clear right now, Soros is shit, just like the rest of his ilk
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    Such as?
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    They honestly see themselves as victims. Its nauseating.
    No, they see themselves as productive people. They don't get why they should be punished for that, and neither do I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    yes they would

let me make it clear right now, Soros is shit, just like the rest of his ilk
    What is his "ilk"?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    They basically inherited the company... I fail to see what they themselves created that justifies their constant bitching.