Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Banned
    Might as well tell the whole story....

Koch's direct lobbying and campaign contributions

Contributions through Koch’s political action committee (PAC) are a matter of public record. Since the beginning of the 2006 election cycle, Koch’s PAC spent more on contributions to federal candidates than any other oil-and-gas sector PAC. For that period, Koch Industries and its executives spent $2.51 million compared to next three biggest contributors: Exxon ($1.71 million), Valero ($1.68 million), and Chevron ($1.22 million).

Koch executives and their families can wield political influence on climate change by direct federal lobbying and campaign contributions. Over the last few years, Koch Industries, Koch employees, and Koch family members:

Spent $37.9 million from 2006 to 2009 for direct lobbying on oil and energy issues, outspent only by ExxonMobil ($87.8 million) and Chevron Corporation ($50 million).

Spent $5.74 million in PAC money for candidates, committees, and campaign expenditures since the 2006 election cycle.

Contributed at least $270,800 to federal political party committees since the 2006 election cycle.
    Gave $10,000 to Senator Lisa Murkowski in 2010,[32] who, in January, proposed stripping the EPA of its ability to regulate greenhouse gases under the Clean Air Act, and lamented that BP's Deepwater Horizon oil disaster has temporarily halted exploratory offshore drilling in the arctic planned by Shell Oil for summer 2010, a topic that even many conservative opponents of climate action have remained silent on in the face of the unfolding historic despoiling of the gulf.[33][34]

Banned
    And the Koch Brother can always be counted on to spill some oil...

Pollution - Spills, fines and indictments

During the 1990s, Koch Industries's faulty pipelines were responsible for more than 300 oil spills in five states, prompting a landmark penalty of $35 million from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). In Minnesota, it was fined an additional $8 million for discharging oil into streams. During the months leading up to the 2000 presidential elections, the company faced even more liability, in the form of a 97-count federal indictment charging it with concealing illegal releases of 91 metric tons of benzene, a known carcinogen, from its refinery in Corpus Christi, Texas.
    So they crap all over the place. Get fined for breaking the law. And now want to pay to influence congress to strip the EPA of its power.

It's like the big businessman in town gets a drunk driving arrest and now want to get the cop fired.

Don't let the tiny bit of philanthropy fool you, these guys are the scum of the earth...

Quote Originally Posted by hazlnutless View Post
    fixed
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post

So they crap all over the place. Get fined for breaking the law. And now want to pay to influence congress to strip the EPA of its power.

It's like the big businessman in town gets a drunk driving arrest and now want to get the cop fired.

Don't let the tiny bit of philanthropy fool you, these guys are the scum of the earth...
    So you're saying they're eeeeeeeevil???? And what's wrong with that????:p
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    So you're saying they're eeeeeeeevil???? And what's wrong with that????:p
    I'm serious SR. $100 donation from my pocket to CU the day hazeldick is banned from here and can never return.

Just sayin...
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Point of order and Sanity.

I did the math from their charitable giving cited in the OP . . .about $200M. To about $50M political spending.

Now, I don't know what math class you took, but ... when did $200M become less than $50M?

So, while I pour myself a jack and coke...

~QC
    Last edited by CueSi; 04-30-2011 at 02:12 AM.
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Now, I don't know what math class you took, but ... when did $200M become less than $50M?
    When Liberals want to deamonize a Conservative...

Either that or it's a perfect example of how badly our teachers are doing teaching math these days.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Banned

Gas prices are going up and up and you are worried about the Koch Bros. For a retard, you are not too swift.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    They basically inherited the company... I fail to see what they themselves created that justifies their constant bitching.
    They did inherit a company. It has grown 2600 times since then.
    He took over the company after his father’s death in 1967. In the years since Charles Koch went to work for Fred, Koch Industries has grown more than 2,600-fold. The notion that Charles and David are “inheritance babies” is nonsense.
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/articl...25.html?page=3

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    First, it wasn't small.

Second, where would they have been without that inheritance? Hm? They were born into the opportunity they were given, so dont expect them to understand how people who aren't as lucky cant be like them.
    Hard to know, exactly, of course. But here's a clue:
    When Charles graduated, he stayed in Boston. He found a job with the consulting firm Arthur D. Little, where he worked in business development and management services. Life was good. Then in 1960 he got a call from his father: My health is failing, Fred told him. You need to come back and work for the company and succeed me. “I said, ‘God, I’m doing great here, so I’d rather stay here,’ ” Charles said. Which he did.

A year later Fred called Charles again. Return home and work for me, Fred said, or I’ll sell the company. Charles complied.