Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    I'm serious SR. $100 donation from my pocket to CU the day hazeldick is banned from here and can never return.

Just sayin...
    We do not have to bribe SR to ban Hazlenutless. If that were necessary, I'd happily kick in another $50 to the pot, but I do not believe that this is the case. Just sayin'.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I was interested in why the left hate the Koch brothers so much. I went to www.kochfamilyfoundations.org and found the following information. Understandably, it's their site and they're not exactly going to be putting themselves down, but the following facts are easy to document.

It seems to me that they've truly given back to the world. For anyone who has had a family member (or themselves) with cancer, the Koch's are doing quite a bit to help. The libs generally complain that Republicans are trying to destroy public funding for the arts. It seems to me that the Kochs are helping quite a bit.

It shows that generous donations from private benefactors decreases the government's need to tax us to death (and to control us).
    Trying to follow some logic here.

If "you can't tax corporations, because they will simply pass it on to consumers", then consumers are paying the corporation's taxes. Ergo, if a guy like Koch donates millions to charity to offset his evil, isn't it actually the consumer who is paying the charity?

So because I buy Brawney paper towels, I am actually the donor. I think somebody should make me a sammich.

Fabulous Poster
    The Koch's wouldn't be demonized regardless of their last name if they gave their money to the Liberals. .
    A college, public broadcasting, and a gay museum... how do you figure they didn't give money to liberals?

Here are some facts:
    On July 25, 2000, Clinton’s EPA sent a letter to Charles Koch congratulating his company on plans to reduce emissions at the Pine Bend and Corpus Christi refineries. “I appreciate that Koch took the initiative to work with EPA to develop an agreement that would advance the common interests of Koch, EPA, and the general public,” wrote Office of Regulatory Enforcement director Eric V. Schaeffer. “The Koch representatives were outstanding in their cooperation throughout the negotiation process.” None other than Janet Reno said she was “pleased” with the agreement. Koch’s cooperation, said then-EPA administrator Carol Browner (now President Obama’s climate czar), was “unprecedented.”
    More?
    Since Obama’s inauguration, Koch companies have been recognized more than 280 times by local, state, and federal agencies for safety and environmental stewardship. In 2009 Invista voluntarily agreed to a huge settlement with EPA. “Invista is making a clean start in a settlement that achieves significant environmental benefits,” an EPA administrator said at the time.
    Still more?
    In October 2009 the EPA gave its SmartWay Excellence Award to Georgia-Pacific for reducing pollution in the freight industry. In October 2010 Flint Hills Resources agreed to a deal with the federal government over permitting rights at its Texas refinery. “The process we have agreed to with Flint Hills Resources is an excellent one,” said EPA regional administrator Al Armendariz in a press release, “and we look forward to working with the company to complete the work to transition their permits.”
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/articl...25.html?page=3
    There is a lot more, but reading facts and researching history is not the principle activity of ideological zealots. Their activity consists of bumper sticker slogans and mass hysteria encouraged by the barking dogs who call themselves The Left. They have to call themselves that because they sure ain't right.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

If "you can't tax corporations, because they will simply pass it on to consumers", then consumers are paying the corporation's taxes. Ergo, if a guy like Koch donates millions to charity to offset his evil, isn't it actually the consumer who is paying the charity?

So because I buy Brawney paper towels, I am actually the donor. I think somebody should make me a sammich.
    Only a lunatic like you would call Koch evil.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Point of order and Sanity.

I did the math from their charitable giving cited in the OP . . .about $200M. To about $50M political spending.

Now, I don't know what math class you took, but ... when did $200M become less than $50M?

So, while I pour myself a jack and coke...

~QC
    Thank you QC for your outstanding good sense and math ability. :D

It's a shame when hatred and bigotry blinds some of the libs from the good work that these people do. I don't see Biden contributing much to charities.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I'm serious SR. $100 donation from my pocket to CU the day hazeldick is banned from here and can never return.

Just sayin...
    I'd do it for much less. :D

Just kidding.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

A college, public broadcasting, and a gay museum... how do you figure they didn't give money to liberals?
    Liberals will dismiss that with whatever excuse they can find.

For clarity what I meant was if they gave all their money...made all their charitable donations to Liberal causes and politicians...no one would care who they are.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

No more like the productions costs not the quarterly taxes. It's the purchase of said roll of paper towels that goes towards them paying their taxes...along with their employees.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I'd do it for much less. :D

Just kidding.
    How much less? ;)
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!