Thread: NFL Draft

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Believe me when I tell you that this kid you got is a monster. He and Suh are going to make teams miserable.
    I've got nothing against this kid, and I expect him to do well, it's just we have such a glaring hole to fill at corner.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I didn't mean that a team shouldn't go after a guy if the need and BPA line up, just everytime a team goes after a guy because they have a need they reach. Hell look at the Viqueens, Dalton is there, Gabbert is there and they take Ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I didn't mean that a team shouldn't go after a guy if the need and BPA line up, just everytime a team goes after a guy because they have a need they reach. Hell look at the Viqueens, Dalton is there, Gabbert is there and they take Ponder.
    Ponder is the most NFL ready of the three. Apparently, Minnesota is looking to start him pretty quick. Still don't know that I'd use the #12 on him, though.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Dalton is still there. Considering that other teams had QB needs after Ponder tells you something. Also, there are a ton of DB left and the 2nd and 3rd rounds are today. This is a pretty deep draft so don't fret just yet.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Dalton is still there. Considering that other teams had QB needs after Ponder tells you something. Also, there are a ton of DB left and the 2nd and 3rd rounds are today. This is a pretty deep draft so don't fret just yet.
    eh, the Packers don't need a lot, Kick returner/punt returner and legit OLB, the KR/PR can be a CB, WR, or RB, but w/e they are we damn well need one.

eh, the Packers don't need a lot, Kick returner/punt returner and legit OLB, the KR/PR can be a CB, WR, or RB, but w/e they are we damn well need one.
    Sam Shields is a damned fine returner. Trust me, I'm a Hurricane fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q9zZAsTeic
    Last edited by Rebel Yell; 04-29-2011 at 12:09 PM.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Sam Shields is a damned fine returner. Trust me, I'm a Hurricane fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q9zZAsTeic
    yeah, but he didn't work out there this last year, and with him being the number 3 CB, I don't see him spending much time there

Whizenhunt is an idiot. He really is. We;re hurting on O line, hurting on D line, hurting at LB, and are questionable at QB. And what does he draft in the 2nd round? A FREAKING RUNNING BACK! We have a RB we drafted in the 1st round 2 years ago and one we drafted in the 5th round in 2008. They're both talented running backs who only need an offensive line to open up a hole once in a while. Typical of him.

Congrats to Tennessee for getting Locker. The kid is built like a linebacker, sharp as a tack and runs like a deer. His passing has notably gotten better over the last year. His biggest problem is that he tries to hard to make a play work which makes him prone to turnovers. Other than that, I suspect he will be leading the Titans to the playoffs in 2-3 years.