Thread: Club for Growth Releases 2010 Scorecard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Because he has a backbone.
    And in your mind it takes backbone to tell off people who are praising you for your voting record in favor of economic freedom?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    And in your mind it takes backbone to tell off people who are praising you for your voting record in favor of economic freedom?
    Coburn is one of the so-called Gang of Six currently working on a bi-partisan plan to address the fiscal problems this nation faces. One aspect of that problem is revenue and whatever comes out of that group will require tax reform that is not revenue neutral. The Club for Growth will howl since they don't even want to see Ethanol subsidies eliminated without it being revenue neutral. I think Coburn has the backbone to ingore their howls.

I could be wrong, of course, which is why I used the word "may."

Should Coburn abandon his history of pro-growth - pro-economic freedom policies, I'm sure the Club for Growth will chastise him as we all should.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Coburn is one of the so-called Gang of Six currently working on a bi-partisan plan to address the fiscal problems this nation faces. One aspect of that problem is revenue and whatever comes out of that group will require tax reform that is not revenue neutral. The Club for Growth will howl since they don't even want to see Ethanol subsidies eliminated without it being revenue neutral. I think Coburn has the backbone to ingore their howls.

I could be wrong, of course, which is why I used the word "may."
    yes, revenue is the problem, it's a problem because there is no economic growth, the economy needs a boost in the arm and this moron in the white house nor the idiots in Congress seem to grasp that a growing debt problem does not increase confidence in the economy cutting spending is the best place to start, along with some tax incentives.