Thread: Unrequited Love

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Unrequited Love 
    Banned
    There's this girl I've known, and loved (unrequited) for the last five years. She and I have a very strange relationship, really. The first time we hung out alone, five years ago, we ended up making out, but then she decided she didn't like me, and has rejected me a few times. Claims to love me only like a brother. She came from an abusive household--her father was physically and verbally abusive to her and her mother. She's always gone out with decidely asshole guys herself. She also has intimacy issues--She DESPISES being touched in any form (I don't mean sexually). Even a boyfriend holding her hand makes her uncomfortable. She's also not the most emotional, which is the opposite of me. You could even say she borders on cold, a little unempathetic.

Yet she comes over my house and will lay on my bed with me and watch movies and talk about deep things, personal things. Sometimes she'll even let me touch her, as in tickle her legs or lay with my back against her, or kiss her forehead as she's laying down. She feels comfortable enough to fall asleep in my bed. We act like an old married couple, she quips at me and sometimes will joke about us having children some day, and she's going to as my "date" to a relative's wedding this Fall. So while it's unrequited love, there is a part of me which has always hoped and thought that SOMEDAY it will be more.

Ever since the day I met her, somehow I knew me and her would marry each other someday, and I never felt that about girl before or after her--Just a strange feeling I've had. Her family members have encouraged her to go out with me; The very first time I ever encountered her directly while walking on the street (she, her brother, and I all went to the same school I've known her indirectly for 9 years), her mother said out of the blue, "she likes you, you know" and we had only just passed each other on the street; we had never even spoken before. At times I've wanted to stop loving her, even forget about her and leave her behind; but I can't, some force compels me to.

I do things for her; I've done her HW for her at times, I make her her favorite deserts (she loves all things chocolate) and I just try to be there for her. The sad part of this is that even if she never, ever loves me, I'll always love her. I don't think I could marry anyone else because she'd always be in my mind.

Interestingly enough, the other day I introduced her for the first time to the show All in the Family. She LOVED it and was laughing the whole way through. After a few episodes of watching Archie & Edith's interaction, she said (which was interesting) that me and her were just like Archie & Edith, only I was Edith LOL. She has a boyfriend right now, but boyfriends come and go in her life. But it hurts to see her face lighting up when she talks to him or texts him.

She and my mother the other night had a long talk about me, my problems in life, her and her future, as my mother walked her home (She loves my mother very much, perhaps more than her own mother who she doesn't get along at all with) the other day.
    Last edited by CaughtintheMiddle1990; 04-12-2011 at 03:55 PM.

You're a guy?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    You're a guy?
    Yah.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    Yah.
    Let her know that.

Looks like you've fell into that "Friend" role. Which means in a nutshell no sex....ever and she'll bitch to you about how her boyfriends are treatin her like shit etc. Cut her loose while you can.

Ask her would she have made out with her brother.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Looks like you've fell into that "Friend" role. Which means in a nutshell no sex....ever and she'll bitch to you about how her boyfriends are treatin her like shit etc. Cut her loose while you can.
    That's the thing, she never talks about any other guys with me. And guys come and go for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Let her know that.
    You do have a sense of humor lol

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    That's the thing, she never talks about any other guys with me. And guys come and go for her.
    I bet they come and go....I know it was cheap and easy joke but run while you can you'll never get any farther with this women, unless you like the role you're playing now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I bet they come and go....I know it was cheap and easy joke but run while you can you'll never get any farther with this women, unless you like the role you're playing now.
    Well, I love having her in my life, to be honest. She's one of the few people who makes me really happy. Whenever I'm with her, I could've been feeling like crap the whole day, but when she comes around, I feel completely new and forget whatever was troubling me.