Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    WHY?

    Because the government that governs LEAST governs BEST.

    Because people should be inviolate in their private property.

    Because the federal government has no business engaging in "charity."

    Because we believe in freedom.

    Because the political class needs to be abolished before they reinstate feudalism.
    You say people, but you mean Corporations. You don't even believe in the idea of any form of regulation, even minor.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    You say people, but you mean Corporations. You don't even believe in the idea of any form of regulation, even minor.
    Corporations only exist because the government says they can. I'm against the federal government protecting corporations and supporting them and giving handouts to big buisness and big unions and to the shiftless bums who live off of my tax dollars. I'm FOR the federal government protecting free trade and defending this country. That's about it. If your state wants to play the regulation game - let em. That's where such regulations belong - at the State level.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    You say people, but you mean Corporations.
    unfortunately, in the eyes of US law, corporations ARE people - with all the rights (but none of the drawbacks) that come with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    policon has this silly fantasy that capitalism is a harmonious system that is negatively influenced by outside non-capitalist factors.

    that's ridiculous.

    I'll demonstrate:
    1. There can be no capitalism without the State.
    2. Capitalism inevitably results in the accumulation and concentration of wealth into the hands of a small number of people.
    3. Wealth can be (and always is) used to control the State (take the supreme court decision on Citizen's United)
    4. Wealthy people will use the reigns they have on the state to serve their own economic interests.
    Therefore: Capitalism will always result in the state influencing the market.

    This idea that "capitalism would work if only the state didn't get involved" totally ignores the reality that the state and the economy are inseperable. This is like people saying "capitalism would never fail if only capitalism worked like it did in my textbook!" well unfortunately the textbook is wrong.

    free market capitalism is doomed to erase itself and form a union of the state and the economy.

    free market capitalism produces wealth - wealth controls the state - the state can be used to produce more wealth. it should be obvious that "free market economy" is an illusion that only lasts for a brief moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    unfortunately, in the eyes of US law, corporations ARE people - with all the rights (but none of the drawbacks) that come with it.
    Did you think the stockholders and those that work for and run the companies were androids?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Is a State a Person because it is comprised of, and run by people?

    A corporation isn't a person, it's a name for a social arrangement between people. There's a difference but of course that difference is ignored by our corporatist government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Is a State a Person because it is comprised of, and run by people?

    A corporation isn't a person, it's a name for a social arrangement between people. There's a difference but of course that difference is ignored by our corporatist government.
    A communist sure thinks it is.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    A communist sure thinks it is.
    nope
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    there are two groups of people advocating dismanteling the welfare state.

    you have the wealthy people at the top who are steering the boat into dangerous waters and see that the boat is sinking, so their solution is to rush to the lifeboats, pop a few more holes in the hull of the ship, and abandon the damn thing and let all the stupid workers in the engine room drown to death.

    the other group is the stupid workers in the engine room who actually believe these wealthy people and actively help them along the way, drilling the holes in the hull and lugging the lifeboats out to the deck, only to be told there isn't any room left for them but if they keep obeying their masters they will get a shot because that's fair and that's how our perfect boat works

    And yet someone like ME and millions of others, can start from sleeping in my car to keep it from being repossessed, to being a successful business owner who has time and money to help those who truly cannot help themselves.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Is a State a Person because it is comprised of, and run by people?

    A corporation isn't a person, it's a name for a social arrangement between people. There's a difference but of course that difference is ignored by our corporatist government.

    I guess that means you are in favor of dropping all corporate taxes then??? After all, that is based on the same premise that allows them protection under the law - that you seem to wish to deny them.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •