Thread: Fanfare Friday

1. #1 Fanfare Friday 
    Power CUer
    A gorgeous day here in the DC area, as long as you're not susceptible to pollen, as I am not.

TOTD: The Royal Wedding, of course. The dress was great, the Abbey was lovely, and I was very pleased that they used so much music by C.H.H. Parry.

What was the music for your wedding? Our processional was the Bridal March from Aristophanes' The Birds, by Sir Charles H. H. Parry, and our recessional was the "Hornpipe" from the Water Music, by Handel.

Women tend to decide these things, so I'll understand if the gentlemen of CU can't participate fully in today's day thread.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

It was raining when I got up, but it is clearing now. It's cold, though.

TOTD: Never been married, but my sister's wedding was a huge affair. She had traditional music played for the processional and recessional, and a friend sang a couple of songs-"I Must Have Done Something Good" from The Sound Of Music was one of them.

It should be nice out here before a front moves in and ruins everything. :(

TOTD: Our music was a gift from the head of the Music School at my college. The two main pieces were Pachelbel's Canon in D major and Bach's Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring. I was more or less horrified to learn that these pieces later became kind of a fad for wedding music. Oh, well. :D

Power CUer
    We had the "Jesu, Joy" as music before the ceremony, and the sung anthem "You Are the New Day", before the processional.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Not married yet myself.

My sister's/BIL's entrance song for the reception was AC/DC's You Shook Me All Night Long. It was hilarious. The hicks loved it and the seniors clutched their pearls.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion