Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama: We're working on gun control 'under the radar' 
    Obama: We're working on gun control 'under the radar'

Posted: April 26, 2011
    6:07 pm Eastern

© 2011

"I just want you to know that we are working on it," Barack Obama reportedly told Sarah Brady regarding gun control. "We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar."

This interesting bit of news was reported in an April 11 Washington Post Lifestyle section story about Obama's gun-control and regulatory policy wonk Steve Croley. Toward the end of the article the writer, Jason Horowitz, mentions a March 30 meeting between Jim and Sarah Brady and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney during which the President "dropped in."

Horowitz quotes Sarah Brady relating how President Obama gave his personal assurance that he and his administration were working hard on a gun-control agenda. Brady reported that Obama then told them about advancing the agenda "under the radar."

Apparently Mrs. Brady either doesn't grasp the concept of "under the radar," or, more likely, she expected the reporter to be discreet and keep the "good news" about Obama's stealth operations to himself. Thankfully this reporter chose to report the news, so we have direct corroboration of Obama's sneak-attack against the Second Amendment.

What is truly startling about this story is the way it has been totally ignored by the rest of the media. Compare the media's current silence with what happened during the 2000 presidential campaign when then NRA Vice-President (and GOP activist) Kayne Robinson told a group of rights supporters in California that electing Bush would mean "we'll have a president where we work out of their office, unbelievably friendly relations."

The media went into a feeding frenzy over this comment to such a degree that Bush distanced himself from the NRA, publicly endorsed reinstatement of the Clinton Assault Weapons Ban and withdrew overt support for the Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (a law which shields firearms manufacturers from harassment lawsuits over non-faulty products). The story was carried repeatedly on virtually every major media outlet in the country – and it was not based on anything Bush himself had said.

In Obama's case, the president himself purportedly claimed active support for a highly controversial agenda and admitted that he was violating his own promise of transparency in pursuit of that agenda. Yet the media ignores it.
    Read more: Obama: We're working on gun control 'under the radar' http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE...#ixzz1KvN4KmTB

Obama: We're working on wiping our asses with the Constitution in plain sight
    Fixed for accuracy
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Fixed for accuracy
    BINGO!!!
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Gun control is integral to their plans to return to feudalism. Armed people can defend themselves and do not need feudal masters.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

So much for Mr. Transparency.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    WalleyMart announced that they will start selling rifles, shotguns and ammo. That should piss off the Magic negro.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 04-29-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    WalleyMart announced that they will start selling rifles, shotguns and ammo. That should piss off the Magic negro.
    I may have to get myself a shotgun...

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I may have to get myself a shotgun...

~QC
    That makes two of us. WalleyMart is going to reduce their electronic department and add guns. That should blow the libtards itsy bitsy minds up.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    That makes two of us. WalleyMart is going to reduce their electronic department and add guns. That should blow the libtards itsy bitsy minds up.
    they have an electronics department? :eek:

i need to get my hunter safty...my Father in law said he'd get me one when I got that

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Gun control is integral to their plans to return to feudalism. Armed people can defend themselves and do not need feudal masters.
    A lot of people in government support gun control, because they want to be the only ones with the guns. Some of these people identify themselves as conservatives or Republicans. Second Amendment rights are routinely trampled by various law enforcement and policy agencies as well as individual members of those agencies who then claim to have been uninformed of the actual law in the matter. And why? Because they think it makes THEM safer.

By the same token, generations of Americans have been told that guns are inherntly dangerous, so many times that they believe it. Generations have been told that a defensive weapon is more likely to be used on you than by you in a criminal situation... so many times that they believe it.

Right wing or left wing, the tactic for some time now has been to repeat the lie over and over until it is absorbed. If you are corrected, wait fifteen minutes and repeat the lie, over and over. It's how it works.

So why do they do it? In this case, it's because a great many people believe that gun control will reduce the number of murders and gun accidents in this country. In its purest form "If there are no guns then there will be no gunshots." it's absolutely true. And that's another tactic: telling a truth that is irrelevant as evidence of the truth of your argument. No guns really does mean no gunshots. But gun control doesn't mean no guns and no gunshots doesn't mean no violence against law abiding people.

The way to beat the gun grabbers is to challenge them at every opportunity. When a smartass asks me if I think that people in the ghetto should have guns too, I say "Every damned one of them. You give a gun to every woman in the ghetto and rape will disappear overnight."