Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Thompson Speech Hits Media on Palin, Obama on Abortion 
    Thompson Speech Hits Media on Palin, Obama on Abortion

Fred Thompson will forcefully defend the selection of Sarah Palin tonight in a speech Republicans are characterizing as "red meat." He will argue that the feeding frenzy over Palin's is the result of "panic" from the Democrat-friendly mainstream media.

"What a breath of fresh air Governor Sarah Palin is. She is from a small town, with small town values, but that's not good enough for those folks who are attacking her and her family. Let's be clear, the selection of Governor Palin has the other side and their friends in the media in a state of panic. She is a courageous, successful, reformer, who is not afraid to take on the establishment."

Thompson will also criticize Barack Obama's answer on abortion from his recent appearance at Rick Warren's Saddleback Church. Warren had asked: Now, letís deal with abortion. 40 million abortions since Roe v. Wade. you know, as a pastor I have to deal with this all of the time. All of the pain and all of the conflicts. I know this is a very complex issue. 40 million abortions. At what point does a baby get human rights in your view?"

Obamas responded: "Well, I think that whether you are looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade."

Thompson criticize Obama for dodging the issue: "We need a President, and Vice President, who will take the federal bureaucracy by the scruff of the neck and give it a good shaking. And we need a President who doesn't think that the protection of the unborn or a newly born baby is above his pay grade."

The bulk of Thompson's speech will be a testimonial on behalf of John McCain, his character and his leadership. John McCain has "the kind of character that civilizations from the beginning of history have sought in their leaders."
    (link may be hard to load - from Drudge)

There is also this:

Fred Thompson Slams Media Bias Against Palin as 'Abysmal'

ST. PAUL, Minn.-- Former presidential contender and senator Fred Thompson (R-Tenn.) told bloggers today that the bias against Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) was "abysmal."

At the RedState.com-organized and Google-sponsored breakfast, Thompson demurred when asked if he'd accept a Cabinet slot in a future McCain administration, joking that he's ready for more work in Hollywood, which would be a welcome break from the duplicity and insincerity of the media on the campaign trail.

Eyelids
    And here comes the tears... like I didnt see this coming. Whine, whine, whine for 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    And here comes the tears... like I didnt see this coming. Whine, whine, whine for 3 days.

Don't worry blinky, I'll buy you a box of Kleenex, we know Libs cry all the time.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Don't worry blinky, I'll buy you a box of Kleenex, we know Libs cry all the time.
    We dont complain nearly as much as you guys. We cant say something bad about a Republican without a tidal wave of tears.

We dont complain nearly as much as you guys. We cant say something bad about a Republican without a tidal wave of tears.
    TWF are you talking about??? All your side has done is whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine since 2000. EIGHT F'n YEARS of whining.

"if Bush wins we're going to move to Canada"

"Bush stole the election"

"Bush caused Katrina"

............................ "Republican's are going to start a draft!"

"Bush is an idiot"...............

.................................................. ..........
    . "No blood for oil"

..............Blah blah blah

whine whine whine!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Who has that picture of the crying woman with the sign?
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Who has that picture of the crying woman with the sign?
    http://www.protestwarrior.com/ is it on here?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

We dont complain nearly as much as you guys.
    Yeah, you libs complain about 10 times as much as us.

We cant say something bad about a Republican without a tidal wave of tears.
    Sure you can...and do. Usually it's hatred and venom in unlimited quantities from your side and derisive laughter at your stupidity from our side.

LOL. Oh, no way! No friggin way. Absolutely, no god forsaken way in hell you really just said that!
    Last edited by Lager; 09-02-2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: more drama

No, you don't. You fuckheads vandalize and destroy when you don't get your way.
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!