Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Wrong whitebread. It is a combination of many things like dumb ass Greenspan's Fed policies on interest rates plus not alerting Congress that regulations on mortgages are needed, to Bushy economic polices, to oil price escalation, to lack of business and consumer confidence, etc. etc. plus a downturn in the European economy and high unemploymet in the EU than here with the exception of countries like Austria and Denmark.

Obama being blamed for a jump in unemployment is a figment of your imagination. First I have heard of that.
    Uhm...

Betwee the do nothing Congress and the favortie in this election, Obama, Business's are not hiring at this juncture. More like they are laying off because of uncertainity. Have you noticed the stock market lately? That makes more sense than your stupid anology regarding the Prez.
    Paraphrase: Since Obama has the audacity to run for president and since he's the favorite, business is not hiring, thereby driving up the unemployment rate.

Jeez, lackshisnuts! You're really getting too easy. It's not that much fun any more.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post

Paraphrase: Since Obama has the audacity to run for president and since he's the favorite, business is not hiring, thereby driving up the unemployment rate.
    Your left brain comprehension is the culprit here. A number of issues are in play that includes the promise that Obama will raise taxes on business's. You need to keep up with what Obama has promised if elected.
    Uncertainty and the threat of higher taxes will put a damper on business hiring. Any fool knows that.

Banned
    Your left brain comprehension is the culprit here. A number of issues are in play that includes the promise that Obama will raise taxes on business's. You need to keep up with what Obama has promised if elected.
    Uncertainty and the threat of higher taxes will put a damper on business hiring. Any fool knows that.
    So, therefore, I was correct. You're blaming Obama for the jump in unemployment? Those damned Dems. They're all powerful. Good thing the Idiot Child has contributed to the unemployment rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    I can't comment on this directly because I'm not aware of all his tax positions but just by his running right now he is/might be affecting the market. His positions on certain tax policies may be being built into the market right now.

For instance, if you are concerned about capital gains taxes you may want to start selling stocks this year that you might not have considered selling just yet. The mere mention that he wants to raise the rate from 15% to whatever number he is proposing (I've heard 20, 30, 40) has investors looking at their portfolios. If this impacts you, you might want to do the same.