Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Lets play a game: What is worse? 
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWe
    There was a recent poll showing the majority of Republicans were birthers, they either didn't believe he was a native born American or "had significant doubts".

That's over half of the Republican party, that's a problem.
    Link

Everyone here knows my stance on the birthers. They are just as bad as truthers....... However, people like WeWe here think it is pretty bad that upwards of fifty percent of republicans question Obama's heritage. Of course I agree with him........

HOWEVER, More than half of democrats believe that Bush knew or was complicit in the 9/11 attacks.

So, what is worse? Someone who doesn't believe that Obama is telling the truth about his birth or someone who thinks that a sitting president murdered his own citizens?

And that link was from April 22, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    Link

Everyone here knows my stance on the birthers. They are just as bad as truthers....... However, people like WeWe here think it is pretty bad that upwards of fifty percent of republicans question Obama's heritage. Of course I agree with him........

HOWEVER, More than half of democrats believe that Bush knew or was complicit in the 9/11 attacks.

So, what is worse? Someone who doesn't believe that Obama is telling the truth about his birth or someone who thinks that a sitting president murdered his own citizens?

And that link was from April 22, 2011
    You really have to ask that question? Seriously?

Hillary started the birther thing back during the '08 Campaign.

Obama didn't help himself by waiting to release the damn thing until it would prove a useful distraction from Libya and the economy taking a dive.

When someone leaves a void like that and doesn't address the situation up fron it's bound to lead to speculation.

But to even try to draw a comparison between a silly piece of paper whether it's fake or real and unfounded allegations that a sitting President would knowingly and willfully let 3,000 Americans die is retarded.

Not to mention it plays right into the hands of trolling idiots like Wee Wee and Shoe.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    You really have to ask that question? Seriously?

What do you think? I asked it for the libs on the board of course. I'm waiting for all the hand wringing that is about to take place as they justify their own beliefs...

What do you think? I asked it for the libs on the board of course. I'm waiting for all the hand wringing that is about to take place as they justify their own beliefs...
    Yeah but they won't.

They're not even intellectually honest enough to admit who started the whole thing.

They still believe in "fake but accurate". And I bet to man...each of our trolls here believe the J.H. Hatfield book.

Here's the thing...in the Liberal mind they don't have to justify explain or defend their actions against you and I or any Conservative/Republican.

We're fair game because we don't count.

Criticize a Dem...you're a racist/bigot/homophobe even if you only said "I think the President's energy policy is wrong".

I admire you for trying to get them to defend something...but none of them will because they don't feel they have to. Certainly not to proles like you and me.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster

I've gotten to the point where I not only don't trust polls, I don't know if they do or ever did have any value. Think about the claim, "More doctors smoke Newport."

You can call it hand wringing, but the question and the ground work isn't as simple as a yes or no and we're not in a courtroom where a judge can compel you to answer yes or no to a loaded question.

I have no idea what the sample size was or the methodology of the poll. These days, I consider all telephone polls to be useless.

But you want a value judgement. Even that is hard to do here, because of the silliness factor involved. When I see Truthers on DU, am I certain that they actually believe Bush knew? Or are they people who feel they are playing a fair game of payback is a bitch? Do the Birthers honestly believe that Hillary Clinton let Barack Obama take the nomination knowing that he was ineligible? It's hard to imagine that anyone who accused the Clintons of being connected and diabolical, vengeful and ruthless would think that Hillary took one for the team. So we're not dealing with fully logical people, which doesn't mean that they can't make sense in other arguments or do a good job at work on Monday.

Some people, who would never dream of lying, stealing, or cheating in their day to day lives think that politics is a free for all.

So yes, from a pure standard of right or wrong, Bush knowing in advance of 9-11 would be worse than Obama fudging his birth certificate. But I don't think that claiming to believe one or the other carries the same moral difference.

Fabulous Poster
    I do think there is a commonality and to some extent it's born of the arrogance of the political class and the media who make their living at the pleasure of the White House.

In both cases there is some little lie which is escaping us which leaves the room for the theories to thrive.

To me it's like the OJ Simpson trial. My first inclination was that he was innocent. So I went into it with bias. Why? Because it didn't make sense. It still doesn't make sense. I watched the trial, and every time someone said to me that he would be convicted , I said, "Nope, he'll be acquitted." Why? Because they were all lying. And when everyone is lying, the jury will acquit.

I think what is worse is a president who could have dispelled the doubts of reasonable people (who did have them BTW) by the simple release of the long form BC. While there will be people that will continue to act like the farmer who, upon his first visit to a zoo, stood staring at the giraffe for an hour before walking away muttering, "There ain't no such a thing", Obama's reticence in release of a document that would largely settle the matter is at best absurdly foolish and at worst a political calculation.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

So we are starting with the premise that 50% of republicans think Obama was born in Africa or as you and libs call them birthers, I would suggest that many of these people that you are so much wiser then believed he was born here but just thought the arrogant son of a bitch could show his records just like everyone else.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    So we are starting with the premise that 50% of republicans think Obama was born in Africa or as you and libs call them birthers, I would suggest that many of these people that you are so much wiser then believed he was born here but just thought the arrogant son of a bitch could show his records just like everyone else.
    BIRTHERS>>>BIRTHERS>>>BIRTHERS>>>

He showed the legal form he was required too back when he was running.

Now, can we go back to questioning the libs about THEIR idiotic belief that GWB knew about and allowed 9/11 to happen?

BIRTHERS>>>BIRTHERS>>>BIRTHERS>>>

He showed the legal form he was required too back when he was running.

Now, can we go back to questioning the libs about THEIR idiotic belief that GWB knew about and allowed 9/11 to happen?
    Your making the equivalence between Bush being accused of murdering thousands of people and some people requesting a document is some of the stupidest fucking shit I have ever heard come out of a centrist.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg