Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 "All these are the beginning of sorrows (birth pangs) Matt. 24:8". 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    When the Rapture of the Church finally takes place - in which Almighty God the Son calls out His body (saints and ambassadors) - it (The Rapture) will be a wondrous sign unto the apostate western world more so than a sign unto the whole world. For all had better be prepared, for Almighty God's "Day of Wrath" is now at hand (2 Thess. 2:3-12)!

"Darby popularized this mistaken notion of a "pre-tribulation" rapture in the 1830's, and it did not exist before that. "

"This revealing of the Anti-Christ and the commencement of this seven year tribulation period will begin when this man (i.e., the Anti-Christ) adds his position of great power and authority to a covenant with Israel on the behalf of Israelís defeated enemies"

" Obama is still on record as targeting a middle east peace agreement by September."

The official commencement of this horrific seven year period will be the breaking of the 1st seal (i.e., the "Confirming of the Covenant" - Dan. 9:27) by Almighty Godís Lamb (i.e., The Lord Jesus Christ) in Heaven (Rev. 6:1). It is at this precise moment that the man of lawlessness (i.e., the anti-Christ) will be revealed unto the entire world (2 Thess. 2: 3-12; Rev. 6:2).

This revealing of the Anti-Christ and the commencement of this seven year tribulation period will begin when this man (i.e., the Anti-Christ) adds his position of great power and authority to a covenant with Israel on the behalf of Israelís defeated enemies (Ezek. 38:8,11-12, Dan. 9: 27).

Israel will sign this covenant from a position of strength, not weakness (Ezek 38: 8). Israel will then have rest and dwell in their land in safety because they have eradicated their border enemies (Ezek. 38:8,11-12, Rev. 11:3-7).

This position of power does not mean that Israel's heart is right with Almighty God, for it will not be (Rev. 11:8). Israel at this time will also have the super natural protection of Almighty Godís two witnesses who possess Almighty God's Divine authority and are extremely more powerful and than the anti - Christ and his global confederacies (Rev. 11:3-6).

http://www.theignorantfishermen.com/...ti-christ.html

Comments
    :

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2712780/posts

The article may be somewhat accurate, but it announces it's misinformed assumptions in the very first sentence! The rapture of the church, better called the gathering, happens "on the last day", "immediately after the tribulation of those days" and "at the last trump" (John 6:40, Matt 24:29 and 1 Cor 15:52).

A plain reading of the texts indicate the resurrection and gathering of believers happens on the great day of the Lord. Darby popularized this mistaken notion of a "pre-tribulation" rapture in the 1830's, and it did not exist before that.

All of the church fathers that commented on it (Irenaeus, Turtullian, Hyppolitus, et al) believed the church would be persecuted by the antichrist, and that there was no "imminence" as is currently taught. A plain reading of the scripture, without charts, extra books, or someones extra-biblical time-line will make this evident to the reader.

As if that were not enough, Revelation only teaches of 2 resurrections of the dead, and speaks nothing of "stages". People will offer the argument that "the church is never mentioned ion Revelation from chapter 4 onward", but they fail to see that the corporate church is not mentioned in the first 3 chapters either, rather, the letter is sent to the "7 churches", 7 literal churches that existed at the time of Johns writing.

And, interestingly enough, a seven year tribulation is never mentioned in Revelation! It's either 3.5 years or 42 months.

In any case, this mini-treatise will never convince the hard-core pre-tribber, but it may challenge some to look at the SCRIPTURE, and see what it says. I will not argue the point further, lest it become divisive. In either case,regardless of your belief on this subject, be prepared for tribulation, for we shall have it! (John 16:33)

And, be a Berean (Acts 17:11), and "Take heed that no man deceive you" (Matt 24:4)

http://www.theignorantfishermen.com/...ti-christ.html

Fabulous Poster

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I believe he's referring to the erroneous "Secret Rapture" that many people believe in (ala Left Behind). What is ironic about it is that they use verses that say just the opposite like 1 THESSALONIANS 4:16-17
    16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the beginning of the end in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I believe he's referring to the erroneous "Secret Rapture" that many people believe in (ala Left Behind). What is ironic about it is that they use verses that say just the opposite like 1 THESSALONIANS 4:16-17
    His eschatological theories are just that, theories, as are the eschatological theories of the SDA church.
    I always try to remember that even with my own end time beliefs, they are an interpretation at best.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    His eschatological theories are just that, theories, as are the eschatological theories of the SDA church.
    I always try to remember that even with my own end time beliefs, they are an interpretation at best.
    yeah, i know, i was just commenting on what that original article is about, the concept of the secrete rapture is very new and holds little to no biblical backing, not Megi's comments on the article over all.

I'm not a pre-trib rapture believer. I see no Biblical basis for the belief. It seems to be no more than wishful thinking.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    yeah, i know, i was just commenting on what that original article is about, the concept of the secrete rapture is very new and holds little to no biblical backing, not Megi's comments on the article over all.
    Tell us of your beliefs. Who is and where will the Anti Christ will spring from ?

Four Views of End Times Prophecy
    http://www.matthewmcgee.org/rapture.html

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Tell us of your beliefs. Who is and where will the Anti Christ will spring from ?

Four Views of End Times Prophecy
    http://www.matthewmcgee.org/rapture.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh...st_eschatology

this does a fairly good job explaining SDA beliefs on the End times

One thing I want to note about the antichrist and the Papacy is that it's not so much the individual but the office and it's influence that it has that (at lest in my view) on world powers. Nor do we as Adventist have any problem with members of the Catholic church, just the power that the church has and uses.

Their eschatology is in error. The Bible says unless those days (not years) are cut short, no flesh shall be saved(Matthew 24:22)