Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Attack Of The 50ft Woman star and ex-Playboy model found mummified 
    The mummified remains of the actress who played the femme fatale in Attack Of The 50 Foot Woman has been found in her rundown Beverly Hills home.

The state of the body indicates Yvette Vickers, 82, who was once a Playboy centrefold may have lain there for a year. The badly decomposed corpse was discovered at the Californian home where Vickers had lived for decades.

For the actress whose film credits include Attack Of The Giant Leeches, the story of her final moments reads like a grisly plot from one of those films. ...
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1LHlPeV3t

Power CUer
    You'd think a body that size would be noticed.

"Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Yvette Vickers. It's hard to get a feel for what she was like from the articles, but it sounds as if she was an amiable loner who was willing to go her own way and enjoyed doing so. I think I would have liked her.:)

This is too bad. I saw some snippy comments in the DM as though it was her own fault that nobody noticed her absence. People without children or who are estranged from their children often outlive their close friends. Once that happens, it can be "out of sight, out of mind" for the neighbors. :(

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Yvette Vickers. It's hard to get a feel for what she was like from the articles, but it sounds as if she was an amiable loner who was willing to go her own way and enjoyed doing so. I think I would have liked her.:)
    Or a whackjob take your pick. If you die in your house and no one knows/cares you are dead that isn't a attribute to admire.

Damn she was a hottie in her day. She can melt ice with those eyes:
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    This is too bad. I saw some snippy comments in the DM as though it was her own fault that nobody noticed her absence. People without children or who are estranged from their children often outlive their close friends. Once that happens, it can be "out of sight, out of mind" for the neighbors. :(

I hope my mail lady would notice a big pile-up of mail. I keep warning my nieces that they better prepare for
    my standoff with the police when they try to put me in a home.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    ..........my standoff with the police when they try to put me in a home.
    She was 82. I don't know that MOST 82 year olds are able to live by themselves, but many of them do. If you live so long that others are forced to wait on you because you cannot drive; could not get yourself off the floor if you fell; are afraid to climb in and out of the shower; did not know your address then you should go to...."a home".

There are 'homes' and then there are 'homes'..........I recently helped move a 91 year old who absolutely refused to move to 'a home' even though she was unable to tend to her most basic needs. It took manipulation, emergency room personnel, the psych ward, and medication, but we finally got her to a place where she is safe and will not fall on the floor and rot away.
    By announcing in advance that you are going to put up a fight, you are, in essence, telling your nieces that they had better be prepared to give up a portion of their lives in order to look out for you. There are 'homes' and then there are 'homes'. Pick one while you can, please. Some of them are very nice, indeed.

I see nothing wrong with assisted living facilities.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    She was 82. I don't know that MOST 82 year olds are able to live by themselves, but many of them do. If you live so long that others are forced to wait on you because you cannot drive; could not get yourself off the floor if you fell; are afraid to climb in and out of the shower; did not know your address then you should go to...."a home".

There are 'homes' and then there are 'homes'..........I recently helped move a 91 year old who absolutely refused to move to 'a home' even though she was unable to tend to her most basic needs. It took manipulation, emergency room personnel, the psych ward, and medication, but we finally got her to a place where she is safe and will not fall on the floor and rot away.
    By announcing in advance that you are going to put up a fight, you are, in essence, telling your nieces that they had better be prepared to give up a portion of their lives in order to look out for you. There are 'homes' and then there are 'homes'. Pick one while you can, please. Some of them are very nice, indeed.

I smoke. I'm not going to live long enough to get senile.