Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 This Is Why A Majority of Americans Don't Support Liberals/Progressives 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yavin hits it out of the park...

Yavin4 (1000+ posts) Mon May-02-11 11:43 AM
    Original message This Is Why A Majority of Americans Don't Support Liberals/Progressives

How is it that Liberals/Progressives who's stance on issues are in line with a majority of Americans cannot translate their position into elected majorities across the nation? How?

Just read the littany of hand-wringing posts about the death of Bin Laden. Read how so many of us either don't believe that he's dead, or is upset that he wasn't brought to trial, etc.

This need to feel sanctimonius at all times, this need to feel morally superior, this need to reject ANY connection with your fellow citizen's joy over the death of a man that killed thousands of innocent people all over the world, this need to feel above your fellow Americans is what dooms the entire Liberal/Progressive agenda.

I'm glad that Osama Bin Laden is dead. I'm glad that we killed him. He was engaging in war fare against the U.S., and his tactic was targeting and killing innocent people. He was engaging in this war fare even before 9/11. Killing him was the right and correct course of action.

Greyt thread!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Yavin4 (1000+ posts) Mon May-02-11 11:43 AM
    Original message This Is Why A Majority of Americans Don't Support Liberals/Progressives

How is it that Liberals/Progressives who's stance on issues are in line with a majority of Americans cannot translate their position into elected majorities across the nation? How?
    What crap! This OP would be out of the park except for this line of purposeful delusional dishonesty. Their "stance on issues" has the support of maybe 20% of Americans.

The lie continues inside the context of an accidental moment of clarity.

Fabulous Poster
    Does EFerrari ever get a turn in the barrel here in CU?

I despise that bitch. If I didn't think that the SF police would over charge me, I'd like to go slap the hell out of her once. It irks me that every two weeks taxpayer money is deposited in her account, even though she supposedly earns it. She hates this country, and yet, she benefits from it. She needs to go live in some Moslem paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Does EFerrari ever get a turn in the barrel here in CU?

I despise that bitch. If I didn't think that the SF police would over charge me, I'd like to go slap the hell out of her once. It irks me that every two weeks taxpayer money is deposited in her account, even though she supposedly earns it. She hates this country, and yet, she benefits from it. She needs to go live in some Moslem paradise.
    She's made it in the Top 10 Dummies since the thing started I do believe.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Hee hee. The infighting that has been going on on DU since Bin Laden's death is in rare form on this thread. Too funny!

The stupid is strong in this thread. Some of the highlights (or lowlights, depending on your POV):

Rambis (1000+ posts) Mon May-02-11 11:51 AM
    Response to Original message
    15. We backed him to fight the Russians
    The US does this all the time and it comes back to bite us in the ass. We never learn- I think the death of bin laden will create hundreds if not thousands more terrorists.
    freshwest (1000+ posts) Mon May-02-11 11:54 AM
    26. Thanks for delivering the freeper talking points.
    Appenzell Wars (32 posts) Mon May-02-11 01:02 PM
    Response to Reply #65
    79. The animals are teabaggers and thier ilk that will take a few
    handwringing quotes from the democracy now piece above and paint us all with it ("One Killer Killing Another")

Really is it helpful to equate our president with a terrorist madman and yet that is exactly what Democracy Now did this morning.

Here is the piece in question. http://www.democracynow.org/2011/5/2/one_killer_killing...
    241. The comparison was between the United States killing civilians
    Edited on Tue May-03-11 01:33 AM by EFerrari
    and Al Qaida killing civilians. The fact is those drones this administration uses kills a majority of CIVILIANS, not terrorists or insurgents. You may not like it but it happens to be true.

Our government is not a "terrorist madman" and left AQ in the dirt long ago with the number of civilians casualties it has inflicted. What is their excuse?
    Hissyspit (1000+ posts) Mon May-02-11 11:59 AM
    Response to Reply #30
    34. Why?
    It's nonsense.

First off, what is this "majority of Americans don't support progressives and liberals?" That depends on how you define all most every word of the phrase. Second, if it is true, it would be because of the power of fear and ignorance and how well the right manipulates these things, not because we are nuanced and rational in our thinking.
    And Pamela Troy has her own gallery of stupid. She's definitely on a roll. Even the rest of the DUmpsters are finding her sanctimonious and shrill.

Pamela Troy (1000+ posts) Mon May-02-11 11:59 AM
    Response to Reply #31
    35. And I'm sick of seeing others put down for their decency.
    Please explain how my not joining in with the celebrations qualifies as "hypocrisy."
    Pamela Troy (1000+ posts) Tue May-03-11 12:45 AM
    Response to Reply #129
    209. We're not the ones pumping our fists in the air and chanting
    "U - S - A! U -S - A!" as if the US had just one some Olympic sporting event.

No, I'm not smug. Just kind of disgusted.
    Pamela Troy (1000+ posts) Tue May-03-11 01:22 AM
    Response to Reply #228
    232. This isn't just about feelings. It's about acts.
    And yes, we are all entitled to pass some judgement on the way each other act. Some people think their feelings entitle them to pick their noses in public. Saying that sight is disgusting hardly qualifies as "smug." Some people thought their feelings about the death of liberal activist Kirsten Brydum made them entitled to post offensive and disgusting jokes about it online, and pronounce themselves amused. Was it "smug" to object to this? And if it's "smug" for me to object to people treating bin Laden's death as if it were a sports event, isn't it "smug" of you to object to my objecting?
    Pamela Troy (1000+ posts) Tue May-03-11 02:56 AM
    Response to Reply #297
    302. I'm not saying that they are literally "freepers" who've
    infiltrated DU. I'm saying that if someone acts like a freeper, they are no better than a freeper -- no matter how much I might agree with their politics.

And if I'm repulsed by shots of people in the middle-east cheering the death of a westerner, I'm no less repulsed by shots of people in the west cheering the death of a middle-easterner. Both are signs of barbarity.
    Except that the westerners who were killed by Bin Laden were ordinary people who were going to work, and not hurting anyone else, unless, of course, you buy into the Ward Churchill argument that all capitalists are "little Eichmanns", but Bin Laden was a mass murderer who revelled in it. The people in the Middle East who cheered 9/11 were cheering the deaths of innocents. The people in the US who are cheering Bin Laden's death are celebrating justice being done.

Javaman (1000+ posts) Mon May-02-11 12:09 PM
    Response to Reply #31
    44. Do you really believe this will put things to an end?
    I have a bridge to sell you, if so.
    OBL is dead, long live the propaganda!
    we now have to stay in afghanistan/pakistan to "rebuild" and to help form a "stable" government, just like we did in iraq!
    there is no "end" to any of this.
    war is money, it is very profitable.
    murphyj87 (334 posts) Mon May-02-11 12:03 PM
    39. Americans don't elect liberals.....
    Americans don't elect liberals because the United States, as a general principle, has a right wing, reactionary philosophy compared to Canada and most of the rest of the industrialized world. In many areas, American thinking is 50 years behind the the rest of the industrialized world, which is the reason why the United States is not respected in most of the industrialized world.
    gratuitous (1000+ posts) Mon May-02-11 12:04 PM
    40. Yeah, let's just tear up the Constitution when it pleases us
    It is hardly sanctimonious to remind ourselves that we're supposed to be the good guys. Someone once said that if you love only those who love you, how does that distinguish you? Even the vilest sinner does the same. He went on to say that we should love our enemies, and return good for evil. How is a murderous raid by our people distinguishable from a murderous raid by others? If we don't follow the rules and laws we have written down for ourselves, how can we expect anyone else to respect those rules and laws?

The President swore an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution. Nowhere is there a provision for suspending the Constitution because we're scared of someone, or they're really, really bad, or for any other reason. I realize that my failures to trim my principles to fit this week's fashion is distressing to you. I'll try to get with the program in the future.
    I can't read any more of this drivel. It started out funny, but now it's making my skull throb. Stupidity isn't contagious, is it?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I can't read any more of this drivel. It started out funny, but now it's making my skull throb. Stupidity isn't contagious, is it?
    In DUs defense, there are some rational (at the moment at least) people fighting with the kooks you listed. Its one thing when the leftist elitest types went after the right but once they started going after other DUers lately, its been real fun. :D

Stupidity isn't contagious, is it?
    No but it will ruin your clothes if you get any on you.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Stupidity isn't contagious, is it?
    Well....it seems to be contagious for liberals. For conservatives, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Undies View Post
    Their "stance on issues" has the support of maybe 20% of Americans.
    Moonbat 101 : Everyone thinks just like us.

Moonbats only talk to, and hang with people who think just they do; so they create this stupid delusion so they don't to find out what other people are thinking.

Then what do you expect from a bunch of off their meds jerkazoids who run around spiking polls instead of learning something from them.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.