1. #1 Minnesota man kills stepdaughter in Michigan....She wasn't following Islam 
    link

woo me with science Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue May-03-11 12:46 PM
    Original message
    Minnesota man kills stepdaughter in Michigan....She wasn't following Islam

http://www.startribune.com/local/121156314.html

Police: Minnesota man kills stepdaughter in Michigan over dispute she wasn't following Islam

WARREN, Mich. - Authorities say a Minnesota man killed his 20-year-old stepdaughter in Michigan because she left home and wasn't following Islam.

Forty-five-year-old Rahim Alfetlawi was being held Tuesday in the Macomb County Jail without bond after being charged with first-degree murder in the death Saturday of Jessica Mokdad at her grandmother's home in the Detroit suburb of Warren. He was arraigned Monday and awaits a May 12 preliminary examination.

Warren Police Detective Lt. Michael Torey says the Coon Rapids man went to police in neighboring Center Line to report the shooting. Torey says Alfetlawi told police the gun accidentally discharged when he pulled it out but police believe he intentionally shot her in the head.

Alfetlawi requested a court-appointed lawyer. A number listed for Alfetlawi in Minnesota wasn't in service.
    patrice Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue May-03-11 01:21 PM
    Response to Reply #8
    11. If your purpose was to explicate psychotic intolerance, what does the fact that this was Muslims hav

e to do with that?

Of the many thousands of stories that could also illustrate the traits contained in this one, why pick this particular story, unless the fact that it involves Muslims is more important than showing the craziness that ANYONE can get into?
    cali Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue May-03-11 01:47 PM
    Response to Reply #30
    35. I don't see why what you've seen on the board re Afghanistan has anything

to do with this story. I think this is a legitimate story about cultures clashing and assimilation, and the tragic results.

We post stories all the time here- every single frickin' day about crazy behavior on the part on non-Muslims.

I have a lot of respect for you patrice, but I think you're off base here.
    Drale (1000+ posts) Tue May-03-11 12:59 PM
    Response to Original message
    3. I hope this guy frys

Extremist religions are the most dangerous threat to democracy.
    patrice Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue May-03-11 01:24 PM
    Response to Reply #3
    14. Do you feel that way about wealthy churches who promote Civil War II against women's right

to choose certain reproductive services and, co-incidentally, also against the civil rights of America's LGBT communities?
    Drale (1000+ posts) Tue May-03-11 01:31 PM
    Response to Reply #14
    19. So your saying this guy murdering another human

is free speech? Until those other organizations break the law or kill someone there is nothing that can be done. Free speech is a human right, and most of them will never ever do anything other then scream and cry about stuff they have no real power to stop.
    Hannah Bell Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue May-03-11 01:49 PM
    Response to Original message
    39. unrec
    On DU it's ok to mock Christianity and declare that any Christian that does something wrong is indicative of all Christians, but don't dare to post something about Muslims.

They just don't get it do they?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    They just don't get it do they?
    Ya think?

Response to Reply #3
    14. Do you feel that way about wealthy churches who promote Civil War II against women's right

to choose certain reproductive services and, co-incidentally, also against the civil rights of America's LGBT communities?
    I'm going to wait and see exactly what civil rights gays do not have and, no, marriage is not a civil right. So, please make with said list.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Response to Reply #3

That has got to be one of the most ridiculous attempts at comparing apples to train cars that I have ever seen.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Ya think?

I'm going to wait and see exactly what civil rights gays do not have and, no, marriage is not a civil right. So, please make with said list.
    Warren is where witchiepoo lives ,ask her .

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Witchiepoo?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    It was a brief blurb on the news yesterday, and they didn't mention religion.
    The neighbors didn't know the people who lived in the house.

I must admit that when I first heard the story, I wondered if it was a muslim family or a weird incest case, because of the fact that nobody seemed to know the girl or her grandmother.

A Worldwide Message
    The End of False Religion Is Near!
    ▪ What is false religion?
    ▪ How will it end?
    ▪ How will you be affected?
    What Is False Religion?
    Are you distressed about crimes committed in the name of religion? Do the warfare, terrorism, and corruption perpetrated by those who claim to serve God offend your sense of justice? Why does religion seem to be at the root of so many problems?
    The fault lies, not with all religion, but with false religion. A widely respected religious figure, Jesus Christ, indicated that false religion produces bad works, just as a “rotten tree produces worthless fruit.” (Matthew 7:15-17) What fruit does false religion yield?
    False Religion*.*.*.
    ▪ MEDDLES IN WAR AND POLITICS: “Across Asia and beyond,” says the journal Asiaweek, “power-hungry leaders are cynically manipulating people’s religious sentiments for their own needs.” As a result, the journal warns: “The world threatens to sink into madness.” A prominent religious leader in the United States declared: “You’ve got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops.” His solution? “Blow them all away in the name of the Lord.” By contrast, the Bible says: “If anyone makes the statement: ‘I love God,’ and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar.” (1*John 4:20) Jesus even said: “Continue to love your enemies.” (Matthew 5:44) How many religions can you think of whose members engage in war?
    ▪ SPREADS FALSE DOCTRINE: Most religions teach that the soul or spirit is some invisible part of a human that survives the death of the physical body. By means of this teaching, many of these religions exploit their members, charging money to pray for departed souls. However, the Bible teaches a different doctrine. “The soul that is sinning—it itself will die.” (Ezekiel 18:4) “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) Jesus taught that the dead will be resurrected—an unnecessary action if humans had an immortal soul. (John 11:11-25) Does your religion teach that the soul does not die?
    ▪ TOLERATES IMMORAL SEX: In Western lands, church groups ordain gay and lesbian members of the clergy and urge governments to recognize same-sex marriages. Even churches that condemn immorality have tolerated religious leaders who have sexually abused children. What, though, does the Bible teach? It plainly states: “Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men .*.*. will inherit God’s kingdom.” (1*Corinthians 6:9,*10) Do you know of religions that condone immoral sex?
    What does the future hold for religions that produce rotten fruit? Jesus warned: “Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire.” (Matthew 7:19) Yes, false religion will be chopped down and destroyed! But how and when will this happen? A prophetic vision recorded in the Bible book of Revelation, chapters*17 and 18, provides the answer.
    How Will False Religion End?
    Picture the scene. A harlot is sitting on the back of a fearsome beast. The beast has seven heads and ten horns. (Revelation 17:1-4) Whom does the harlot represent? She exerts influence “over the kings of the earth.” She dresses in purple, uses incense, and is exceedingly wealthy. In addition, by means of her spiritistic practice, ‘all the nations are misled.’ (Revelation 17:18; 18:12, 13,*23) The Bible helps us to see that this harlot is a worldwide religious entity. She depicts, not any one religion, but all religions that produce rotten fruit.
    The beast that the harlot rides pictures the world’s political powers. (Revelation 17:10-13) False religion straddles the back of this political beast, attempting to influence its decisions and to control its direction.
    Soon, though, an amazing event will take place. “The ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire.” (Revelation 17:16) In a sudden, shocking move, the world’s political powers will turn on false religion and completely destroy her! What will prompt this action? The Bible book of Revelation answers: “God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought.” (Revelation 17:17) Yes, God will call false religion to account for all the despicable acts she has committed in his name. In a stroke of perfect justice, he will use her political paramours as his instrument of execution.
    What must you do if you do not want to share the fate of false religion? “Get out of her, my people,” urges God’s messenger. (Revelation 18:4) Indeed, now is the time to flee from false religion! But to where can you flee? Not into atheism, since its future is also bleak. (2*Thessalonians 1:6-9) The only haven is within true religion. How can you identify true religion?
    How to Identify True Religion
    What good fruit should true religion produce?—Matthew 7:17.
    True Religion*.*.*.
    ▪ PRACTICES LOVE: True worshippers are “no part of the world,” are not divided by race or culture, and display ‘love among themselves.’ (John 13:35; 17:16; Acts 10:34,*35) Rather than killing one another, they are willing to die for one another.—1*John 3:16.
    ▪ TRUSTS GOD’S WORD: Instead of teaching “tradition” and “commands of men as doctrines,” true religion bases its doctrine on God’s Word, the Bible. (Matthew 15:6-9) Why? Because “all Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight.”—2*Timothy 3:16.
    ▪ STRENGTHENS FAMILIES AND UPHOLDS HIGH MORAL STANDARDS: True religion trains husbands to ‘love their wives as their own bodies,’ helps wives to develop ‘deep respect for their husbands,’ and teaches children to ‘be obedient to their parents.’ (Ephesians 5:28, 33; 6:1) In addition, those entrusted with positions of authority must have exemplary morals.—1*Timothy 3:1-10.
    Does any religion meet these standards? The book Holocaust Politics, published in 2001, says: “If more people practiced versions of what the Jehovah’s Witnesses preach and practice, the Holocaust could have been prevented and genocide would scourge the world no more.”
    Indeed, in 235 lands, Jehovah’s Witnesses do not just preach the Bible’s moral standards—they live by them. We urge you to ask Jehovah’s Witnesses to help you learn what God requires of you so that you can worship him acceptably. Now is the time to act. Do not delay. The end of false religion is near!—Zephaniah 2:2,*3.
    If you want more information about the Bible-based message that Jehovah’s Witnesses preach, feel free to contact them at the address below.
    □ Without obligation, I request a copy of the brochure Keep on the Watch!
    □ Please contact me concerning a free home Bible study.
    [Footnote]
    For a detailed explanation of this subject, see the book Revelation—Its Grand Climax At Hand! published by Jehovah’s Witnesses.
    [Blurb on page*3]
    False religion exerts influence “over the kings of the earth”
    [Blurb on page*3]
    “Get out of her, my people”

Wow, spam much?
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf