Thread: Music

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    [QUOTE=patriot45;43025]

Add anything! I had picked Tony Banks from Genesis as my favorite keyboardist.

Hey I'll add one - Best female vocals. My pick is Udu Sade. I love her voice.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LljZc...eature=related

Oops. Missed that. He's really good.

Funny how the keyboard guy gets shunted aside. Glad you remembered.

I went to a Three Dog Night concert last year. Jimmy Greenspoon is still kickin' it.

Nice, really. Great thread.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

I love Satriani, he's awesome, but because I was influenced by blues guitar, I will go with Stevie Ray. I will also throw in Zappa for his sheer overall genius. and Michael Schenker for his melodic riffs.

For bass, Entwistle for classic rock, maybe Geddy lee for more contemporary. Clarke is great, but if we include jazz musicians, I'm sure there's a ton out there as worthy.

Bubba Dawg nailed the keyboardists, but how come no one mentions Elton John? The guy can definitely hold his own.

Drums, I agree with Peart, Buford, maybe throw in Cozy Powell. Jon Bonham deserves honorable mention. No guitarist and drummer were ever more in sync than Page and Bonham.

Vocalists are hard, Daltrey deserves a spot. I always thought Ronnie James Dio had an excellent voice for a hard rocker and the singer for the Scorpions, though I can't recall his name.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    I love Satriani, he's awesome, but because I was influenced by blues guitar, I will go with Stevie Ray. I will also throw in Zappa for his sheer overall genius. and Michael Schenker for his melodic riffs.

For bass, Entwistle for classic rock, maybe Geddy lee for more contemporary. Clarke is great, but if we include jazz musicians, I'm sure there's a ton out there as worthy.

Bubba Dawg nailed the keyboardists, but how come no one mentions Elton John? The guy can definitely hold his own.

Drums, I agree with Peart, Buford, maybe throw in Cozy Powell. Jon Bonham deserves honorable mention. No guitarist and drummer were ever more in sync than Page and Bonham.

Vocalists are hard, Daltrey deserves a spot. I always thought Ronnie James Dio had an excellent voice for a hard rocker and the singer for the Scorpions, though I can't recall his name.

Elton John right on. It's just that he is hard to classify because he is a solo act. He really is amazing on keyboards.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Ok, ok, those guys are great, but you forgot one instrument....

Best Accordion - Wierd Al Yankovic

Sorry, just had to go there. :D