Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Just stopped a Republican woman cold bouncy 
    KzooDem Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Tue Sep-02-08 08:36 PM
    Original message

Just stopped a Republican woman cold in her tracks and shut her right up re: Palin

Had to ride my bike down to the grocery store to get some half & half for my coffee in the morning. In line to check out I was behind these two 40ish looking women, who are obviously Republican from their conversation.

They were talking about Palin and I was just biting my tongue. Then one of them says "What's great about her is that she's just a regular person, just like you or me." It was then that I decided I couldn't keep my big yap shut.

"So, are you saying that as a "regular person" (I made quote marks with my fingers)just like Sarah Palin that you are prepared to govern the country should something happen to the president? Are you prepared to lead this country? Nah, didn't think so. Guess what? Neither is Palin!"

They both just nervously and with great embarassment looked away and ignored me. The cashier had a smirk on his face.
    Zero points for this one. It doesn't start with so, no cops, and she didn't convert them.

Link: http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3909236

I give it two. There is a "so" midway through the story!

I love the bouncys. Somebody posts something totally unbelievable and the lemmings all chime in with "great", "way to go", and a ton of "k&r"s.

Banned
    Yvette and I were talking about Sarah Palin in line at Walmart yesterday and some Birkenstock wearing, donut bumping harpie chimed in on how Palin was a just a bone thrown out to the Hillary voters. Yvette is thrilled about Palin. Thinks that it is great that someone put a qualified woman on the ticket. But keep in mind that Yvette is Black still supports Obama. Also keep in mind that Yvette is a 6 foot tall former UT volleyball player with the big hips, big ass and big tits you see on the rap videos. In other words, a big darker version of Xena.

Yvette's retort to the lesbo was, "Bitch! Who the fuck is talking is talking to you!" Included was the hand on the hip and ghetto head shake. Pretty much end of conversation there.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I give it two. There is a "so" midway through the story!
    Plus, the protagonist embarassed the republicans and caused the cashier to smirk. A half-assed effort, but has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Yvette and I were talking about Sarah Palin in line at Walmart yesterday and some Birkenstock wearing, donut bumping harpie chimed in on how Palin was a just a bone thrown out to the Hillary voters. Yvette is thrilled about Palin. Thinks that it is great that someone put a qualified woman on the ticket. But keep in mind that Yvette is Black still supports Obama. Also keep in mind that Yvette is a 6 foot tall former UT volleyball player with the big hips, big ass and big tits you see on the rap videos. In other words, a big darker version of Xena.

Yvette's retort to the lesbo was, "Bitch! Who the fuck is talking is talking to you!" Included was the hand on the hip and ghetto head shake. Pretty much end of conversation there.
    So, where is the "so"? This bouncy needs some work :D

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I'd say it's worthy of 2 1/2 bongs.

I'd reply that Palin is a lot more ready than their Obamessiah.
    Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    and clever in their own sight.

Isaiah 5:20-21

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    If I were in line at the grocery store talking to a friend and some stranger decided to rudely interject, especially using "finger quotes", I might just tell them where to stuff those fingers.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

So, her point is that we need an irregular person for VP?

I was considering a 2 score up to the "quotes marks with the fingers" thing. another ZERO vote.

Also, she rode her bike (good) to the store for half and half (bad). It should have been soy milk. Organic soy milk. Maybe even free range organic soy milk.