1. #1 Nintendo Wii price drops below $150; includes 'Mario Kart' 
    Nintendo Wii price drops below $150; includes 'Mario Kart'
    By Mike Snider, USA TODAY

Posted 7h 57m ago |

The new $149.99 Wii package, set to go on sale May 15, will include a white or black Nintendo Wii, a Wii remote and a copy of Mario Kart with a white or black steering wheel for the game. Nintendo will sell the newly priced Wii along with the current $199.99 Nintendo Wii system, sold with the games Wii Sports Resort and Wii Sports, until inventory runs out before summer. Then, the $199 system, which some retailers, including Amazon, Best Buy and Target began selling for $170 two weeks ago, will be discontinued.

"There is quite a bit more volume to be sold on the Wii home console," says Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. "And the way we are going to get there is by offering the system at this low price and by including a key software title like Mario Kart." One of the top Wii games, Mario Kart has hit 10 million copies sold.

With 86 million Wii consoles sold globally since 2006, the Wii remains the top-selling video game system. But recently, sales have slowed. Nintendo said it sold 15 million units in the fiscal year that ended March 31, down from about 20 million the prior year. That helped drive company revenue down to $12.3 billion, 29% below the prior year.

Nintendo plans to unveil a successor to the Wii at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in June. But that unnamed system won't go on sale until at least the second quarter of 2012, Fils-Aime says.
    USA Today

Their working on a new system now, so not entirely suprising. Mario Kart is a good game though. I had a lot of fun with the online capability of it.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Their working on a new system now, so not entirely suprising. Mario Kart is a good game though. I had a lot of fun with the online capability of it.
    if they go back to being something that isn't for 8 year olds, it might be worth getting

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    if they go back to being something that isn't for 8 year olds, it might be worth getting
    I look at many of the Wii games and see much more interesting and different gameplay ideas. I look at the 360 and PS3 games and see almost nothing but shooters and sports. I like shooting things up as much as the next guy, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. But that's just me.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    I look at many of the Wii games and see much more interesting and different gameplay ideas. I look at the 360 and PS3 games and see almost nothing but shooters and sports. I like shooting things up as much as the next guy, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. But that's just me.
    don't get me wrong, i love the concept, but the games themselves suck ass and are for 8 year olds...only one i've seen worth playing is the Force Unleased

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Don't forget the Xbox has been the platform for things like Dragon Age, and Elder Scrolls.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.