Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    My neighbor gets the weekender deal from the NY Crimes, but never seems to get his Sunday edition. Maybe cause he's the only lib on the street.
    They're always advertising the Times on our local tv stations with "special" pricing. I wouldn't take it if they gave it away. But it would be good for the bottom of my son's parrot cages. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I love how they just spread innuendo before they know the truth.
    And to think they're the ones claiming McCain isn't doing vetting right.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    They're always advertising the Times on our local tv stations with "special" pricing.
    "I'm not one of those 'call now' guys. But you should call now." That one?

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo55 View Post
    Unless its about a lib, then they must act with discretion. I glad most folks can see right thru this crap.
    My favorite was during the CA recall election. The LA Times had two stories, one about Grey Davis physically assaulting a staffer, which was uncovered a year previously by one of the free weekly papers, and Arnold's groping of a woman, which came out a couple of days before the election. Guess which one they ran on the Thursday before the election?
    They're always advertising the Times on our local tv stations with "special" pricing. I wouldn't take it if they gave it away. But it would be good for the bottom of my son's parrot cages. :D
    My dad subscribes and every once in a while tries to get me to read something in it, even sending me clippings. I finally convinced him that I wouldn't read the Times when he asked me what I thought about something that he'd sent me, I forget what, and I told him that it would be interesting if it were true, and asked if any legitimate news outlet had corroborated it.
    Last edited by Odysseus; 09-03-2008 at 02:15 PM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

An anonymous liberal critic of me and my blog inadvertently made the realize something. The Times, in fact, did NOT admit error and did NOT issue a retraction, which would've involved admitting error and apologizing to Gov. Palin.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

They've had to shrink the size of the paper a lot and had to lay off 100 staff members, many of them top reporters/editors. You would think they'd get a clue that something they're doing is
    the problem.

In NY, we refer to it as the NY Slimes.

Banned
    Several years ago my parents cleaning lady was contacted by the NYT; she told them that she was on S.S. and could not afford it. They told her that's okay; we will send it to you for free. Them Yankees are some smart fellas.

All the trash talking by the leftist loonies is going to do nothing but encourage independents and moderate democrats to vote for the Repub. ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Several years ago my parents cleaning lady was contacted by the NYT; she told them that she was on S.S. and could not afford it. They told her that's okay; we will send it to you for free. Them Yankees are some smart fellas.

All the trash talking by the leftist loonies is going to do nothing but encourage independents and moderate democrats to vote for the Repub. ticket.
    Did she take it for free? I wouldn't. :D

Sad how they have to give the paper away to bolster their "circulation".

Banned
    Did she take it for free? I wouldn't. :D

Sad how they have to give the paper away to bolster their "circulation".
    She took it for free.