Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 First Photos Released! 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    ISLAMABAD - Photographs acquired by Reuters and taken about an hour after the U.S. assault on Osama bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad in Pakistan show three dead men lying in pools of blood, but no weapons.

The photos, taken by a Pakistani security official who entered the compound after the early morning raid on Monday, show two men dressed in traditional Pakistani garb and one in a t-shirt, with blood streaming from their ears, noses and mouths.

WARNING, VERY GRAPHIC PHOTOS AT THE FOLLOWING LINK!

http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/05/04...den-raid-house

None of Osama, but several of others killed on the compound.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    ISLAMABAD - Photographs acquired by Reuters and taken about an hour after the U.S. assault on Osama bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad in Pakistan show three dead men lying in pools of blood, but no weapons.

The photos, taken by a Pakistani security official who entered the compound after the early morning raid on Monday, show two men dressed in traditional Pakistani garb and one in a t-shirt, with blood streaming from their ears, noses and mouths.

WARNING, VERY GRAPHIC PHOTOS AT THE FOLLOWING LINK!

http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/05/04...den-raid-house

None of Osama, but several of others killed on the compound.
    That helecopter looks like a toy and It's much too small to carry anyone...Could be a new type observation UAV ?The rotor blades are too short to lift much ! Compare the size of the Paki solder to the overall size of the chopper.It's tiny .......
    Last edited by megimoo; 05-04-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    That helecopter looks like a toy and It's much too small to carry anyone...Could be a new type observation UAV ?The rotor blades are too short to lift much ! Compare the size of the Paki solder to the overall size of the chopper.It's tiny .......
    Megi, that is the rear rotor. Not the main lift rotor.
    Rest In Peace America

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Megi, that is the rear rotor. Not the main lift rotor.
    Yeah, has to be. Definitely modified one though. I'm pretty sure they used UH-60's, and I've never seen a tail rotor for a UH-60 that looked like that.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Hey ...

Know what? I wasn't afraid to look at these photos ... actually saw glimpses of them first on the six o'clock Fox Report.

They are NOTHING compared to what those savage followers of Osama did to Daniel Pearl, live on video, nor the 4 guys that burned to death in a car, whose burned to a crisp bodies were later hung from a bridge for all to see.

*Those* photos are forever emblazoned (not quite sure is the word I want, but think it is) in my mind.

Sorry, I have no pity for them, they knew full well what their friend and /or family member had wrought on innocent Americans and others around the world.

~ ABC

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Yeah, has to be. Definitely modified one though. I'm pretty sure they used UH-60's, and I've never seen a tail rotor for a UH-60 that looked like that.
    From the source.

The tail assembly is unusual, and could indicate some kind of previously unknown stealth capability.
    Maybe one of our Mil. fly boys here can ID that thing better.
    Rest In Peace America

Found this.

Mission helo was secret stealth Black Hawk

By Sean D. Naylor - Staff writer
    Posted : Wednesday May 4, 2011 18:07:39 EDT
    The helicopters that flew the Navy SEALs on the mission to kill Osama bin Laden were a radar-evading variant of the special operations MH-60 Black Hawk, according to a retired special operations aviator.

The helicopter’s low-observable technology is similar to that of the F-117 Stealth Fighter the retired special operations aviator said. “It really didn’t look like a traditional Black Hawk,” he said. It had “hard edges, sort of like an … F-117, you know how they have those distinctive edges and angles — that’s what they had on this one.”

In addition, “in order to keep the radar cross-section down, you have to do something to treat the windshield,” he said. If a special coating was applied to the windshield it is “very plausible” that would make the helicopter more difficult to fly for pilots wearing night-vision goggles, he said. The helicopters carrying the SEALs arrived over the bin Laden compound at about 1 a.m. Monday local time. One crash-landed in the courtyard and was so badly damaged it was unable to take off again.
    Rest In Peace America

From what I read - these pics were taken after the fact.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    From what I read - these pics were taken after the fact.
    Ummm... yeah. They were taken by Pakistani forces, about an hour after the whole thing went down.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    My understanding was that the SEALs destroyed the helo on their way out. No specification on how, but I must assume some manner of HE set off by thermite or grenades or something.

My guess is that the longer parts of the rotor were broken off in the destruction.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.