Thread: Easy Tomato Salad

Hybrid View

1. #1 Easy Tomato Salad 
    Patent Member
    Chiffonade a few leaves of basil
    Quarter, slice, and seed 1 large tomato per serving
    Grate some mozzarella cheese

Mix all ingredients together with salt, pepper, olive oil and balsalmic vinegar to taste.

Alternatively you could slice the tomatoes into circles, top with slices of mozzarella, sprinkle on basil, and drizzle with olive oil and balsalmic, for a more elegant presentation (but harder to eat)

Power CUer
    We eat this salad (the Italians call it insalata caprese) all summer, when the garden is full of basil and tomatoes. I don't understand the comment that it's harder to eat, unless you mean people have to hold a knife AND a fork at the same time.

I also make the salad with both variations. The sliced tomatoes on a beautiful platter make a lovely presentation for a party. I have more basil than tomatoes on my patio, need to buy some home-grown tomatoes somewhere. I've had 7 tomatoes from my 3 plants and waiting for the tiny new tomatoes to grow and ripen.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    We eat this salad (the Italians call it insalata caprese) all summer, when the garden is full of basil and tomatoes. I don't understand the comment that it's harder to eat, unless you mean people have to hold a knife AND a fork at the same time.
    That's the problem. As a salad it makes good "walking around" food, anything that needs a knife and fork requires you to sit and eat.

Power CUer
    At my house, we don't think of sitting down to eat as a hardship. We even light candles and talk to each other over dinner. Freakish, I know.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    At my house, we don't think of sitting down to eat as a hardship. We even light candles and talk to each other over dinner. Freakish, I know.
    I've heard of this phenomenon. My grandparents told me about it.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Patent Member
    Well, we made this for a dinner party, and there wasn't enough room for everyone to sit down. People were in and out, talking to a number of people. If you all sit down at a table, it's much harder to mingle.

Snarkiness noted, however.

My God you're becoming annoying. The guy posted a simple salad recipe and you have to snipe at it. Obviously you've never had children or been to a bar-b-que. Jeezus.

PS - You use too many unnecessary commas in your posts.

Power CUer
    Skip my posts then, JB. I promise not to notice or care.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    You would be a star on the 'view' !