Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Workaday Wednesday 
    This cold front can leave any time now. Part of the state is under a freeze warning. :eek:

TOTD: Let's talk hair. If you are a woman, how do you feel about beards and all the variously related male facial hair styles? If you are a man, do you prefer women to wear their hair long, short, or in between? Are there hair styles that should never be worn by anybody? Is it my imagination or there are a lot more 50+ gals getting really short hair cuts?

Power CUer
    Beards look nice on some men. It looked hideous on my husband, and I was glad when he got rid of it.
    Mullets and mohawks should never be worn by anybody, along with beehive hair sprayed firmly into place.
    Shorter hair looks better on older women. In any case, my hair has never been long enough to touch my shoulders in my life.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    This cold front can leave any time now. Part of the state is under a freeze warning. :eek:

:
    I am at the hospital with my dad who was operated on for a partial hip replacement after he fell Thursday. He is doing fine and they are keeping him doped up. The city is a big mess with trees and power lines down. It will take weeks to get all the power on.

I wish we had some of that cool weather here. It is supposed to get up to 85 degrees today and in the 90's later in the week. At least the hospital only lost AC for one day. Can stay cool here and watch TV.

Watched Fred Thompson last night and he realy blistered the Dummiecrats asses. Will probably go home mid afternoon when my brother comes up to the hospital and come back tonight as I want to watch the VP give her speech..

Whats the deal with 50+ women dying their hair purple, orange and green. Is it just a Florida thing or what.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    Whats the deal with 50+ women dying their hair purple, orange and green. Is it just a Florida thing or what.
    Let's hope so. I'm in Virginia, and the most radical thing I do is pay money to get the color I used to grow for free.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I am at the hospital with my dad who was operated on for a partial hip replacement after he fell Thursday. He is doing fine and they are keeping him doped up. The city is a big mess with trees and power lines down. It will take weeks to get all the power on.

I wish we had some of that cool weather here. It is supposed to get up to 85 degrees today and in the 90's later in the week. At least the hospital only lost AC for one day. Can stay cool here and watch TV.

Watched Fred Thompson last night and he realy blistered the Dummiecrats asses. Will probably go home mid afternoon when my brother comes up to the hospital and come back tonight as I want to watch the VP give her speech..
    So glad that you finally got computer access. Heard yesterday while in the waiting room at the doc's that Baton Rouge got the brunt of the storm and that many of your hospitals lost power, and the patients were being transported to NO. We were hoping that your dad wasn't one of those sent to NO, figured you'd really be upset. Glad that things are going as well as can be expected.

Did you have much damage to your home---or your dad's?

Oh, TOTD, don't particularly care for facial hair on men. My hair has always been long, but now have it so it just skims the shoulders.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    Where exactly do you live?:eek: Thankfully, I've never had to witness that.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

The shelters around here are full and the people are complaining about everything. Some of them have to go to another building for showers, they are insisting that people are dying during the night and being whisked away. The three meals delivered a day are not satisfying them. Honestly, we are wishing some of them were back on the roofs of NOLA. Volunteers are fed up.
    These folks have been babied all their lives and want everything handed to them.

Sorry, rant over.

Lacar, glad you're doing OK, we sure have been thinking of you.

TOTD: Prefer hairless faces but some men look very nice with a mustache or beard.

I have short hair for simplicity.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Sad few days ... this one more so.

She's fading fast. She had a stroke (we think) a few days ago, and her eyesight's failing, and so is her motor-co-ordination.

I'm taking her back to the vet tomorrow. I don't think she's going to be coming back home, and it's breaking my heart.

hamp, so sorry. I have a black cat, too. We'll be thinking of you.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.